Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June Favorites

I'm so excited to be bringing these posts back! I started them up on the Beauty Closet blog on Her Campus but have found a new home for them on this blog. Besides beauty, I can talk about other lifestyle favorites as well!

Beauty

Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Peach Mosaic. This was the first makeup product ever featured this on the blog (in this post), but I've been loving this for a great summer highlight that looks amazing with coral or bronzed cheeks.
Dior Addict Gloss in 576 Bed of Roses. This is one expensive lip gloss but it is so worth it. It's non sticky, has a beautiful color pay off, and the shimmer is barely-there to give you a great pout.
First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy. More than just an eye cream, the tinted formula actually works as a light concealer to cover up under eye circles and the cool metal tip instantly de-puffs as you apply it.
Marc Jacobs Waterproof Eyeliner Pen. I actually bought this when I was home in May, but I've been using it everyday since then. I feel lost without wearing top eyeliner and this one was good enough to de-throne my holy grail Stila eyeliner.
Maybelline Rocket Mascara. My favorite Youtuber Essiebutton recommended this as her favorite mascara of 2013, so I knew I had to check it out. It's incredibly affordable and does a great job of making lashes pop.
Sarah Chapman Overnight Facial. Holy splurge item. Once again enabled by Youtubers Estee and Amelia Liana, I use this oil every other night as the final step to my skincare regime. I really do wake up with more awake and dewy looking skin--it's totally worth the hefty price tag.
The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose Eau de Toilette. I mentioned this in a post last week but wanted to give it another mention for smelling so so good.
Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede Cologne. I didn't think it was possible to love two perfumes in one month but never say never. This scent is very different from my usual sweet and girly preferences (see above), but somehow it works. The floral of the peony works so well with the musky suede undertones and combines for one sexy scent.

TV & Movies

American Horror Story. Oh my god. I don't know why I was so late to jump on the bandwagon but I watched all 37 episodes in about one week (that's all three seasons). Season 2, Asylum, was probably my favorite, simply because it was the creepiest/weirdest and ahhh when is Season 4 coming out.

22 Jump Street was absolutely hilarious--I didn't think anything could be as funny as the original but this was equally laugh-out-loud. Well done boys.


Book

I did a post a couple of weeks ago on This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Topper. Check out the review (it's been my most-read post to date) if you haven't already, and pick up the book for this summer because it's one of the best I've read in a while.

Well it's already July. Which means summer is halfway over. Which is too crazy to think about. I'm loving the fact that this is only a four day work week though, and counting down the days until my trip to San Francisco at the end of July.

2 comments:

  1. great post!
    you have an amazing blog.
    Would you mind checking out mine?
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete