Monday, June 30, 2014

Top 5 MAC Lipsticks

I love MAC Lipsticks for many reasons. They're relatively affordable for the quality you get ($17), there are so many shades/finishes you're bound to find something you like, and they have a pretty good staying power. If you're looking to pick one up, here are my five favorites (ignore the weird hair tie indent).

Twig. Described as a "soft nude brownish-pink", this is your perfect nude lipstick. It's a satin finish, s it won't dry lips out or look extremely shiny. Definitely a perfect finish to complement a smoky eye.

Craving. This is a pinky-plum for those looking for something a little more bold, but still pretty close to your natural lip color. It's an amplified creme, so the color is amplified (like it says) but not in an extreme way. I can't really pull off super bright lip colors, so this is a nice alternative.

Dark Side. Fun fact, this was my first MAC lipstick. This deep burgundy is perfect for the fall/winter, and it's vampy without being toooo over the top.

Crosswires. My favorite coral from MAC. It has enough pink to keep it from looking too orange, and is a great spring/summer lipstick. Definitely a natural coral (if there's such a thing).

Plumful. Probably my all-time favorite of the bunch. It's slightly rosier than Craving, and a great color for any season. Plus, you know I'm going to love it since it' combines rose and plum, my two favorite color combos.

What are your favorite MAC lipsticks? Let me know!


2 comments:

  1. I love Ruby Woo! And I definitely need to get my hands on some of the shades you have. :)

    Beth. x

    Sometimes The Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually tried Ruby Woo, I didn't love it for my skin tone. Instead, Lady Danger and Russian Red are my go-to Reds from MAC :)

      Delete