Thursday, June 19, 2014

My Everyday Eye Makeup Must Haves

A bonus beauty post for you all! I've already gotten a great response since launching a few hours ago and wanted to share my eye makeup essentials.

Neutral Eyeshadow Palettes (Too Faced Boudoir Eyes and Too Faced Natural Eyes). What's not to love about eyeshadow palettes? They're more affordable than single eyeshadows, great for traveling, and save you the guesswork of figuring out what shades work together. I've been loving these two from Too Faced recently, but I have my eye on a new nude palette from Maybelline that retails at only $10!

Black eyeliner (Marc Jacobs Gel Eye Crayon). I remember my middle school days where I used to pile on the black eyeliner and it would smudge horribly, making me look like a raccoon. I've since realized that a good, non-smudging eyeliner is splurge worthy. Marc Jacobs has these in a bajillion colors (though I only own black for now), and they do not smudge at all while delivering great color. Sometimes I like to change it up using a purple or nude liner on my waterline, but I feel most comfortable in black.

Black liquid liner (Marc Jacobs Waterproof Eyeliner). Learning to do winged liner is still a work in progress. It's definitely made easier when you apply it using a pen, and this stuff really does last through almost anything.

Mascara primer (Lancome Mascara Base). Mascara primer is definitely an underrated item. But applying this white or clear base under your normal mascara helps everything look better and really maximizes the effects of your normal mascara

Mascara Well this is just a given. There are so many different mascaras out there it can be hard to navigate which one is right for you. My all time favorite higher end one is Benefit They're Real, and two cheaper drugstore ones are L'Oreal Butterfly and L'Oreal Shocking Extensions.

Not pictured but I also use Too Faced Candlelight Primer before I apply eyeshadow to make the color more vibrant and longer lasting. I also love Sigma Brushes to apply my eyeshadow (much better than any included little sponges), and obviously Q Tips are a must-have to clean up my winged liner attempts.

Here's a picture of me attempting to be cute/showing off my everyday makeup. I apologize for it being kind of dark as I am lacking in a professional camera. An everyday face makeup must-haves post will be coming soon!


What are your eye makeup must haves?

No comments:

Post a Comment