Friday, July 18, 2014

Paintbrushes For Your Face

That's probably a weird way of putting it, but I really think of makeup brushes as paintbrushes for your face. Your face is like a canvas and makeup is a way of creating art. I didn't realize the importance of good makeup brushes until about a year ago-- let's just say my foundation looked pretty terrible before I knew how to apply it. I have a few brushes from MAC, Sephora, and Real Techniques, but the brand I've found that performs the best across the board is Sigma.

They're all in the mid-point range for price, but with the exception of the wondrously cheap and well performing Real Techniques brushes, you get what you pay for. These brushes clean well, don't shed, and have sturdy handles. I use the F80 Kabuki everyday for my foundation, both powder and liquid, and it applies beautifully. Another standout favorite are the eyeshadow brushes and the F35 Tapered Highlighter. My only complaint is I feel like they are lacking in a good concealer brush--my go to is the Sephora Pro #57.

Just Read: Little Mercies by Heather Gudenkaf. I've loved this author for a long time--her style is similar to that of Jodi Picoult, but maybe slightly less intense. The stories are ripped from the headlines and are quick moving and captivating. This one alternates between the story of a social worker mother who accidentally leaves her baby for too long in a hot car and a runaway 10 year old. I'm not a parent or a young girl but I was easily able to sympathize and relate with both perspectives. It's a surprisingly quick read for a heavy subject matter. Rate: 4/5.

I'm heading off to San Francisco early Sunday morning through Friday night and can't wait!! I'll try to post once or twice when I'm out there, but there won't be daily uploads next week. I'll definitely do a big trip highlight post (and the inevitable haul that comes with traveling) when I return. Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Would you like to follow each other on GFC, g+, and bloglovin? Let me know on my blog :)

    http://ramyun-pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good post!I would love to see you on my blog.
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog :) X

    FOLLOW ME ON GFC and/or BLOGLOVIN, I ALWAYS FOLLOW BACK !

    WWW.FLYDP.BLOGSPOT.COM
    | Fashion Blogger |

    ReplyDelete