Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Best Eyeshadow Palettes

I have a soft spot for a good eyeshadow palette. I'm in love with my Marc Jacobs Lolita Palette and Urban Decay Naked 3, but no brand has consistently wowed me with their eyeshadow palettes like Too Faced. Each palette is priced decently for what you get and they come in tins that are great for traveling. Plus, with the exception of the Chocolate Bar Palette, each palette has three easy looks already laid out for you so you don't even have to do any guesswork.

The Natural Eye Palette and Boudoir Eyes are relatively similar, but just different enough to justify buying both. Natural Eyes has more neutral/brown shades, while Boudoir eyes is still neutral but focuses more on purple/taupey shades.

I wouldn't normally purchase the Cat Eyes one on my own, but got it for free accidentally. I had ordered the Country Palette but was accidentally sent the Cat Eyes one. Fortunately, Too Faced let me keep the Cat Eyes one free of charge and sent me the right one! The Cat Eyes one has deeper, sultrier colors, which I don't normally wear, but might be great for adventurous nights. And the Country One is absolutely gorgeous. It's so unique with it's pastels, which don't swatch as garishly as they may seem, and it's so girly and pink and perfect for me.

Lastly, we have the best palette. The Chocolate Bar Palette is amazing not only because it smells like chocolate, but all of the shades are buttery and soft and blend gorgeously. With the exception of a dark green shade, I love all the colors and they work well together. It's a great value and pretty compact as well.

Just Read: I finished Friendship by Emily Gould yesterday. It's the story of two girls in NYC who are best friends, and are having a late coming-of-age as they reevaluate their lives and start to face "real adulthood. It was slightly predictable at times, and one of the characters Amy could be annoying in certain moments. It's not the best book I've ever read but was overall good--the narration saved it, not so much the predictable plot. Rate: 3/5

Listening To: A friend introduced me to Lake Street Dive, a band from my hometown of Boston. The lead singer has such an amazing voice it gives me chills--I can't stop listening to their cover of Rich Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment