Monday, July 7, 2014

Brand Focus: Tarte Cosmetics

It's very rare for me to find a brand where I love absolutely everything, but Tarte Cosmetics has proven me wrong. This brand is outstanding, and I'll highlight some of the products I have so you can check out one (or all) of them.

Airblush Maracuja Blush (Shimmering Poppy and Shimmering Peach). I just discovered the wonders of cream blush a few months ago, and these are some of my favorite formulas. They are decently pigmented, while providing a slight shimmer/highlight and do last a long time. Plus the spongy texture is fun to work onto your brushes.
Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush (Exposed, Blushing Bride, and Captivating). My first introduction to these blushes through a 500-point perk at Sephora (that's where my baby Exposed came from), and these may just be my overall favorite blushes. There's a great color selection, they're all so finely milled, and apply like a dream.
Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer. I like to apply this when I'm going to the beach or it's really hot out because it is pretty waterproof, and it doesn't crease. The stick formula is easy to apply and I like it so much I just ordered the Maracuja Creaseless Concealer and it should arrive soon.
Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation. I did a post last week praising this foundation so check it out for an in-depth review but I love love love it.
Glamazon Pure Performance 12 Hour Lipstick (Playful). This lipstick is a purpley rose, and it's such a unique color that it's unlike anything else in my collection. It's creamy without settling into lip lines and the color is fairly long lasting. This is actually the only lip product I've tried from Tarte, so I'll have to try more!
The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer. What a cool product. It's basically bronzer/contour in a stick--apply it on your cheekbones and nose where you would normally contour and simply buff it in with your fingers and brush.
Bamboo Foundation Brush. I got this because it's supposed to work really well with Tarte foundations and indeed it does. Sometimes I use this to dab my finishing powder all over my face and it's oh so soft.
Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer. This is almost a lighter version of my much-loved 12 hour foundation. Perfect for days when you need less coverage and want to let your natural skin shine through, this also has SPF to protect your face. I would say it's more of a tinted moisturizer than BB cream in terms of coverage.
Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Foundation. I almost always put powder on top of liquid foundation in order to seal everything in and prevent shine, and this is probably the best one out there. It's more than just a setting powder--it really locks in your foundation and looks weightless, yet still is amazing at covering up redness. 

In addition to all of these products, one thing Tarte does really well is creating palettes that are wonderful for traveling--in addition to beautiful packaging, they have a great eyeshadow selection and usually a blush/highlight and sometimes bronzer. Check out this new Rainforest Palette.
All of these products were purchased by me and all opinions are my own.

Is it bad that I watched 5 seasons of Weeds in one week? Then again, each season has only 13 25-minute episodes so it's not thaaaat bad right?

No comments:

Post a Comment