Wednesday, July 16, 2014

An Underrated Makeup Step

There's so much hype about the best foundations out there, but I feel like the product that helps them work their magic is often overlooked. I'm talking about face primers. I didn't start using primer until about a year ago and it makes a world of a difference. It's my first step of my makeup routine and helps my foundation stay on a lot longer. Here are my six favorites.

  1. The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser. This is my newest addition, picked up on recommendation from Essiebutton (of course), but I'm feelin it so far. I love the Tea Tree line and this keeps my skin shine-free and does slightly minimize pores.
  2. Boots No7 Instand Radiance Beauty Balm. Although it's called a beauty balm, this is most certainly a primer. It's a dupe for the Clarins Flash Beauty Balm and I've heard works even better. It's incredibly moisturizing, and creates a dewy look on my face for days when I have tired skin. Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Primer works among the same ideas, but is slightly thicker and I think I like it a tad more.
  3. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Transformer. I'm on the fence about the Maybelline Baby Skin primer in the USA--it does create a good canvas but also gives my skin a slippery feel. This is currently only available in Asia but refines pores and gives skin an "awake" glow (not really pink) that actually counteracts redness.
  4. NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer. In case you can't tell, my main goal in a primer is extra moisture and dewy skin, since I'm on the dryer side. This is an interesting idea and the gold flecks are what drew me in. It's not as great as holding on to the makeup but is definitely the most moisturizing.
  5. Kiehl's Microblur Skin Perfector. This is everything I wish Maybelline Baby Skin was. It creates an even canvas, smooths pores and redness, and doesn't give a slippery silicone feel. Kiehl's is probably one of the best skincare brands out there because everything is dermatologist tested so I know it's great for my skin.

I'm pretty sure the only reason I still watch Pretty Little Liar's is to read the Betches Love This recaps. Sarcastic humor at its finest.

6 comments:

  1. hiii, I saw your comment on my blog - thank you so much! I love your blog as well. Do you have a bloglovin'? I'll follow you there if you do!

    I'm curious, how did you find my page? I am just wondering because it's cool to see how people stumble across your blog! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I friggin love essiebutton, i've been wanted to try that Tea Tree line from the Body shop for a while now! Loved this post.

      Delete
    2. I found your blog from a comment on Fleur de Force's! I don't have a bloglovin for right now!

      Delete
  2. I've been considering the Baby Skin but I'm always so hesitant. I've tried the Kiehl's but it did nothing to control oil :(

    http://ramyun-pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to control oil you should try the tea tree primer it's perfect for that!

      Delete
  3. That body shop pore minimiser looks interesting.
    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete