Thursday, July 31, 2014

July Favorites

How is there less than a month left of summer? I feel like June goes by really slowly but July goes by in a second. I'm excited for fall though, it's my favorite season and has the best fashion/beauty launches. I fell in love with so many products this month that it was hard to choose so here's the best of July.

  1. A great drugstore foundation (Covergirl Whipped Creme Foundation in Natural Beige). I love the consistency of this... it really feels like whipped cream and applies so easily. This is definitely a lighter base, but that's what you usually get from a quality drugstore foundation. It's incredibly moisturizing and relatively long lasting.
  2. An incredible high-end foundation (YSL Touche Eclat Foundation in B30). The sleek glass bottle (which includes a pump thank god) screams luxury. Both Essiebutton and Viviannadoesmakeup raved about this so I figured it was worth a shot to check out. It's incredibly lightweight yet still offers incredible coverage. My skin literally glows (without looking greasy) and it even has SPF.
  3. The best concealer/highlighter duo (Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Natural and YSL Touche Eclat in No. 2). The struggle to find a non-creasing, full-coverage concealer for my dark circles has been real. However, this Hourglass one is probably one of the best on the market. The stick form is easy to apply and delivers great coverage. I pop the touché éclat on top for highlighting to counteract the darkness.
  4. The Body Shop Tea Tree line (Skin Clearing Lotion shown). I don't have terrible skin by any means, but I do have some pesky bumps that show up from time to time. I love the affordability and quality of this line, but I don't use it every night because tea tree can be harsh on sensitive skin.
  5. Brown Eyeliner (Marc Jacobs RoCocoaUrban Decay RoachRimmel Kohl Kajal Sable). For the longest time, I thought brown eyeliner was boring. I would consistently wear black or purple but I've recently decided to change it up. Brown eyeliner with a hint of shimmer is just a softer way of defining and I've been loving these three.
  6. Perricone MD No Mascara Mascara. I love the No Blush Blush from this line but was skeptical about the mascara. For claiming to be a "no mascara", this delivers a more dramatic look than expected and is formulated without parabens.
TV Shows: If you read my other posts, you know I'm obsessed with American Horror Story. I also watched all of Weeds and loved that this month. 

Books: Abroad by Katie Crouch, I Like You Just the Way I Am by Jenny Mollen, and The Appetites of Girls by Pamela Mollen.

Music: Ahh Lake Street Dive why do you give me shivers every time I listen to you (check out their cover of This Magic Moment).

Also, I've noticed a few rudely opinionated comments from the same anonymous person lately. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I am not a fan of public bashing. At least put your name on the comment because hiding behind an anonymous handle shows you're afraid of something. If you have a personal issue with me, I would appreciate an email where we could discuss something privately.

No comments:

Post a Comment