Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Morning Skin Care Routine

Although I change up my makeup products on a daily basis, skincare products are something I will stick with until they are completely finished. I have combination skin, on the drier side, and get a few bumps/redness but nothing major. Here are the ones I've been using lately to keep my skin in tip top shape.

  1. Origins Ginzing Refreshing Gel Cleanser (with Clarisonic Mia). This is a great morning cleanser. The refreshing smell wakes you up, and it's a gentle enough exfoliator for daily use. I love the Origins skincare line because it's all natural and never breaks me out. I use my Clarisonic every day and night to really get deep down into my skin.
  2. L'Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum. I use this day and night as a pre-moisturizer treatment to get even softer skin and reduce the appearance of my pores. I'm a firm believer in using anti aging stuff on the earlier side, never too early to prevent wrinkles!
  3. Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Moisturizer. I've been using this moisturizer for almost two years (not the same bottle) and really like it for my skin. However, I don't think it's so amazing for the price point, and once I'm out of this will probably be picking up a cheaper one.
  4. Lush Tea Tree Toner. A great toner. This huge bottle lasts a year, and it doesn't make your skin feel too dry. Tea tree oil is great for breakouts/acne prone skin.
  5. Clinique All About Eyes Serum. The metal applicator helps de puff my tired eyes while distributing a light serum. I follow this with Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment to really lock in the moisturizing and de puffing.
  6. Mario Badescu Drying Cream. I dab this on my cheeks and forehead, where I get these little bumps, and it works to make sure nothing else pops out. Even though it's called a "drying cream", I don't find my face getting too dry at all.
  7. The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost. Lastly, this smooths out my face for a great makeup canvas, as well as brightening and softening. It can also be used as a primer in a pinch.
This may seem like a lot of products to use daily, but I never feel like my skin is too "product-y" and I've found they all work well together. What skin products are you loving? I'm especially looking for good, cheaper, drugstore products!

No comments:

Post a Comment