Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Get To Know Me Tag: Liebster Award

I've actually had my first blogger "Tag" from Cindi's Musings  and I figured, why not answer them? So without further ado, here are the questions/answers...

1. What are your aspirations?
For the past few years, I've been wanting to move to San Francisco after graduation. There are so many opportunities out here to work in the fashion/beauty industry, and I aspire to work for the corporate offices somewhere in the marketing department.

2. Are there any food that you won't touch with a 10ft pole?
Well I'm a vegetarian, so meat is a no-no. But I also despise ketchup, olives (won't touch anything they've touched), and mayonnaise.

3. What is your aim in life?
I don't need to be super famous or revered, but I want to make sure I've done something important and people can remember me.

4. Ever experienced the 'blogger's block' and how did you overcome it?
Since I aim to post every weekday during the summer, coming up with content can be hard. I'm often inspired by other bloggers, plus I have so much makeup that if I did a product feature on one product every day, I'd have content forever.

5. What is your favourite non-living object?
This might be cliche, but it's a tie between my computer/ipad mini/car.

6. Name the actor you are a fan of and why.
Oooh this is a toughie... I am a huge fan of Mindy Kaling. She was great as Kelly on The Office but really came into her own on The Mindy Project... I love that show.

7. What is your favourite make up brand?
For high end, Dior delivers gorgeous results that are splurge-worthy. For mid-range prices that lean on the more affordable side, Tarte takes the case (check out my brand focus here). I'm extremely jealous of all the high-quality drugstore makeup available in the UK that isn't available in the USA, so Rimmel is probably my favorite US-avaliable drugstore makeup.

8. Finish this sentence: To me, blogging is __________.
To me, blogging is a chance to share my passions. Most of the time when I do a post, it's about something or someone (makeup, music, books, maybe people?) that I love. I figure if I love it so much, other people would too and I want to share it!

9. Would you be disheartened and unhappy if you didn't become 'big' like other popular bloggers out there?
To an extent I would. I started this because I read so many other "big bloggers". They get loads of promotional stuff and some have even made a career out of blogging. I don't expect anything like that to happen (although it would be nice), but just to have people find my blog from places that aren't my Facebook is a great accomplishment.

10. Would you ever consider 'vlogging'?
I have in the past, since so many you tubers also "vlog", but the main reason I don't is that I am super technologically challenged and would never be able to figure out how to edit them. Writing just comes naturally for me, plus I would feel super awkward talking to a camera in public.

Even though I'm supposed to tag 11 specific small bloggers, I tag everyone who looks at this page! I'd love anyone with a blog to do this tag on their page and leave a link in the comments :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you answered them, Rachel! I can relate to you in some of your answers, especially the ketchup. I absolutely detest ketchup.

    I think it's hard for small bloggers like us to get the top like the more popular ones out there, it's hard to gain readers when the blogging industry is so saturated! But I agree, I do mostly blog for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to get to know you better :-) But I can't believe you don't like ketchup! I love ketchup! I am so team ketchup. Boo team mayo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award! Also I am obsessed with Dior as well! I love their new lip stain gloss! You should def check that out!

    Lets keep in touch and follow each other on bloglovin! I always follow back!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com

    ReplyDelete