Friday, October 31, 2014

October Favorites

Happy Halloween! I'm going as Louise from Bob's Burgers (pictures may or may not be posted), and I hope this weekend has good things in store. With the end of October, that means fall is almost over and winter is a-comin. Snow is actually forecasted for tomorrow in Vermont and I'm certainly not ready to deal with it. A lot of holiday sets have already come out and I love winter makeup launches, so I'm excited for what's to come! On to the favorites!


1. Bobbi Brown Sultry Red Lip Color. This is part of Bobbi Brown's holiday collection and I'm loving it. It's a true blue red that looks old school glam with cat eyes and is perfect for the holiday season. It's not quite matte, as it has a bit of gloss, and has great lasting power. 
2. J'Adore Dior Perfume. I picked this up on a whim after returning stuff to Sephora and quickly understood it's cult classic appeal. It has ylang ylang, rose, and jasmine, which leads to a sophisticated clean scent. It's perfect for fall and winter and the bottle is super cute.
3. Dr. Jart Pore Minish Primer. This is a clear gel texture primer, similar to the Smashbox Photofinish one, but slightly more liquid in texture. I find that it really does diminish my pores and help makeup last longer without making me look oily.
4. Boscia Revitalizing Black Hydrating Gel. Not gonna lie--I partially bought this just for the packaging. It's one of those containers where you press on the top and a little bit comes out, so you don't have to keep sticking your fingers in it. I like gel moisturizers and this one is a solid choice for moisturizing and evening out skin tone.
5. Charlotte Tilbury Rock n Kohl Eyeliner in Bedroom Black. I know I constantly rave about the Pixi and Marc Jacobs liners, but this one beats them to the punch. It is simply the creamiest and long lasting black eyeliner. If you need one black eyeliner in your life, it's this.
6. Charlotte Tilbury Retoucher Concealer Stick in Fair 2. At this point, my blog is looking like a complete ode to Charlotte Tilbury makeup. I raved about this concealer in an earlier post this week, so I won't harp on it too much but again, seriously awesome stuff.

Books: Black Ice by Becca FitzpatrickNot That Kind of Girl by Lena DunhamCartwheel by Jennifer DuboisThe Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain

Music: Ciggarette Daydreams by Cage the ElephantSee the Sun by The KooksTo Kingdom Come by Passion PitRich Girls by The Virgins

What have you been loving in October? Let me know!


1 comment:

  1. i'm almost done with lena dunham's book, i'm really enjoying it as well!

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram

    ReplyDelete