Friday, October 24, 2014

Battle of the Balms

Winter is coming and you know what that means... chapped lips. My lips always get incredibly gross and dry during the colder months, so I always try to have a good lip balm on hand. They're good to use year round but are especially handy starting now. They're also great to use before applying lipstick/gloss so you can have a more even and moisturized base.

1. Dior Addict Lip Glow. This one is probably the most functional yet "fashionable". In addition to being moisturizing, it has a slight pink tint that "enhances your natural lip color'. It has SPF, which is a must, and the tube is a great design because it makes sure it won't get smushed. There's also a coral option available for a limited time if that's more your speed.
2. Wild Argan Oil Solid Oil Lips. At only $8, it's such a steal you'd be crazy not to buy it. The argan oil range came out a few months ago at The Body Shop and I love everything about it. It probably has the creamiest texture out of any of these and smells amazing.
3. Nuxe Rev de Miel Lip Balm. I bought this just because it's such a cult favorite and everyone raves about it. It's not scented or tinted, so great for those who want something plain. It's a thicker texture, so you need to work it into your lips a little but the results are worth it.
4. Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm. This stuff is seriously awesome and I should really use it more than I do. I love the rose scent and it's a creamy, hydrating texture that applies like a dream on your lips. I wish it wasn't in a finger-dipping tube (those always annoy me) but that's my only real complaint.
5. Bite Agave Lip Mask. Calling out the big guns for this one--it's seriously heavy duty. It really is a mask for your lips--it's a really thick liquid texture that squeezes out of the tube. I apply it overnight so it can really sink in. I just don't like the packaging of the tube (as you can see it's a bit gross) but I love it nonetheless.

*This title/blog idea was inspired by the lovely Vivianna Does Makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment