Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Boston Beauty Haul

I like Burlington, don't get me wrong, but I appreciate Boston even more when I'm home for a weekend. I had a good time relaxing at home, getting my haircut and eyebrows done, seeing Gone Girl (check out my review here), and of course some beauty shopping. I bought some clothes on Newbury Street (nothing super exciting) as well as beauty goodies at a few places.


1. Okay yes there is a Body Shop in Vermont but they were having 40% off so it was hard not to stop by. I wanted to try the Instablur Eye Primer because I like the normal instablur eye primer so much. This is not only an eyeshadow primer but also helps prime concealer and maybe even cover dark circles? We'll see.
2. My current moisturizers are more watery/liquidy, so I wanted to have a heavier, creamier one on deck for the winter months. The Vitamin E Moisture Cream is one of The Body Shop's best selling items and I enjoy other things from the Vitamin E range.
3. I obviously had to stop at a Sephora. Yes, we have a Sephora in Vermont too but it's one of the small ones inside a JC Penney that only has limited brands. The Sephora in the Prudential Center is huge and a beauty lover's dream. First on my list was Laura Mercier High Coverage Concealer for Under Eye in Shade 2. I've heard this is heavy duty at covering dark circles, and having used it yesterday, I can attest to that. A little goes a very long way, so I have to make sure to use sparingly.
4. Speaking of dark circles, I've also been wanting to try the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream. I think they used this on me a while back when I got a free mini-facial at Origins (yes they do that and it's awesome) and I liked the results. It has light reflecting particles to help brighten dark circles and tired eyes, so I have high hopes.
5. Now this was a total impulse buy but I always love checking out the Hourglass display because there is nowhere in Vermont to get it. I love me a good lippie, so I picked out the Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick in Fresco, which is described as a Rosy Nude. It has a square tip, which I've never seen, but is actually almost easier to manipulate. It's super creamy and relatively pigmented... I already have my eye on another shade Whisper. Here's a swatch of Fresco.


6. Lastly, I finally got my hands on the Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial, which was on my September wish list a while back. Even though it's an exfoliator, it has a softer feel to it and doesn't irritate my face. You're supposed to use it every 3 days but I'm tempted to use it everyday, though that probably wouldn't be great for my face.

If you like the movie Almost Famous, then you'll love the last book I read, How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran. Johanna is a 16 year old living in England during the 1990s. She follows her dream of becoming a music reporter and comes-of-age away from her parents. Her voice is real, raw, and truthful, and Moran does a great job of creating the indie culture of the 1990s.




2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try that Laura Mercier concealer. I hear that all you need is a pin point amount and it covers loads!

    xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the body shop Vitamin E range. I really want to try the Ren 1 min facial.

    http://worldbloggers.net/

    ReplyDelete