Wednesday, October 15, 2014

5 Blushes for Fall

Blushes are my weakness. It was really hard to pick just five to showcase in this post (because I have at least 20 that fit the bill), but these were the first five I picked that are of great quality. I tend to go for darker, plummier, more nude colors in the fall, as opposed to brighter pinks and corals.


1. By Terry Hyaluronic Blush in Blush Berry. It looks like a lipgloss but it is in fact a blush. This is a liquid to powder blush that squeezes out of the tube and you apply it like a normal cream blush. It's not technically a shimmer blush but has a luminous effect that makes your cheeks glow. The swatch makes it seem intense, but since it's a liquid, it easily sheers out.
2. Benefit Rockateur Blush. I love all the Benefit blushes and this one is no exception. This is a very natural rose gold shade with a hint of shimmer but nothing super dramatic. It is a less pigmented option, so you can build it up as much as you want.
3. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure. There's a whole post I've done reviewing these babies (see here), but this is my favorite of the bunch. It's a plummy shade that is so natural yet gives your cheeks a healthy glow and makes you look glowing from within.
4. Nars Sin. This is a cross between Rockateur and Mood Exposure. It's a little more berry, but it has that natural, plummy glow of Mood Exposure and the shimmery, glowiness of Rockateur. 
5. MAC Warm Soul. My all time favorite fall blush. MAC mineralize blushes are great because they don't emphasize pores and help enhance cheekbones with build-able color. It's a beige gold that can flatter any skin tone and is the one I find myself reaching for the most.

L-R: Warm Soul, Rockateur, Sin, Blush Berry, Mood Exposure

What blushes do you reach for during fall? Let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Really like the shades! .. would love it of you could check out my latest beauty post xo

    Aliona | fromalionawithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those shades!
    I would love to get a Nars Blush!

    http://fashionfixeshearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great.I really want to try some of the hourglass blushes, the packaging is so lovely! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete