Sunday, October 26, 2014

Charlotte Tilbury 4 Step Face Base

We all knew this was coming... another post featuring Charlotte Tilbury makeup. When the makeup line first launched in the USA about a month ago, I told myself I didn't need any "base" products as they couldn't be that special. Boy was I proved wrong. Each product fails to disappoint and delivers great results. I've gone a bit crazy, and obviously you don't need to use each product together, but here are my thoughts on how to have a complete Charlotte Tilbury face base (using four products).


1. Wonderglow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash. This is not a typical primer per se, but is developed to be used under the foundation or on it's own. It appears really shimmery right out of the tube but applies with just a small hint of color, really making your face glow. I imagine you could also mix it in with your foundation or apply it as a liquid highlighter on top of makeup, but I use it under makeup as a primer.
2. Light Wonder Foundation. Wow I love this stuff. The last thing I needed was a new foundation, but the plastic bottle makes it very travel-friendly (the excuses I tell myself). It's marketed to be "youth boosting", which isn't a concern for me at the moment, but it does minimize pores and give a light-medium coverage that doesn't look like you're wearing anything. I'm shade Fair 3, which is great for NW20s.
3. Retoucher Conceal and Treat Stick. The packaging is similar to YSL Touche Eclat, but it's a lot fuller coverage. This concealer seriously rocks, since it delivers pretty full coverage and highlighting in one formula. It's very creamy and is great under my eyes, plus I love the wind up wand. It can also be used on red spots, which is a bonus. I'm shade Fair 2.
4. Airbursh Flawless Finish Powder. Lastly, I top off everything with this lightweight powder. It has a hint of color, but really helps seal in everything so the dewiness doesn't look too oily. Like all other products, this is formulated with a bunch of anti-aging and good-for-your-skin ingredients. I just love the packaging of everything too. I'm the lightest shade (Fair), which works for a lot of skin tones.


L-R: Wonderglow, Light Wonder Foundation, Retoucher, Finish Powder
*Ignore the weird cuts on my hand, no idea where they came from!

What are your favorite products from the Charlotte Tilbury range? Let me know!

5 comments:

  1. These are new products to me, great post!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do a review on your favorite MAC products and brushes! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good I really want to try charlotte tilbury make up
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good!

    Love,
    http://elisabethmae.com

    ReplyDelete