Monday, September 29, 2014

September Favorites

Another month has gone by, and therefore another favorites must be posted. It's been an exhausting past couple of weeks with sorority recruitment, exams, and serious sniffles. October is probably my favorite month, with Halloween and medium temperatures (is it just me or has September been way too hot to handle?). As always, I have been trying out and loving many new products, so here's the best of the bunch.

1. Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita PaletteFirst Love Cheek & Pop Blush, and Color Chameleon Eyeshadow Palette in Amethyst Aphrodisiac. I had a whole post dedicated to how much I love the Charlotte Tilbury line (see here), so I won't harp on it too much. I've since bought a few more items because I cannot resist (there may be a part two review at some point soon), but these are the three items I've been particularly loving. 
2. It Brushes for Ulta Airbrush Foundation Brush. I'm a big fan of using kabuki brushes to apply foundation, as I find they give me the best finish, and this one is a standout. The whole line appears great, although I only have this one, and they are much more affordable than the Sephora brushes. I like the longer handle and it's synthetic so it doesn't shed.
3. Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in Sand. Powders have a tendency to cake on me, but not this one. It does feel really weightless and I like using it to set my foundation. It is a lighter coverage, so I wouldn't necessarily wear it just on it's own, but is great for touch ups.
4. Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer. Again, raved about this in an earlier post (I have a tendency of doing that), but I've been using it a lot and really love the glow it gives me underneath makeup.
5. Stila Mile High Mascara. Not going to lie--I'm not the biggest fan of the Stila brand. For some reason, their products just don't sit well with me. I'm not sure what possessed me to pick up this mascara but I'm glad I did! It's great at giving both length and volume and doesn't clump. Sometimes I feel like it doesn't have enough oomph so I use another mascara on top.
6. Dior Addict Lipstick in Model. It's in my favorite color-- a sheer pink that's MLBB. Viviannadoesmakeup raves about this and it's an easy color to slap on without a mirror when you're in a rush to add something extra to your look.
7. Bourjois Bronzing and Highlighting Duo. This seemed like a dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow, so I was interested. The bronzer is slightly more orangey but still great for contouring. The highlight performs almost as well as the Charlotte Tilbury one and although there's less product in this, it's way less expensive.



Music: Sleep Alone (Live Version) by Two Door Cinema ClubMushaboom by FeistOoh La La by The FacesStubborn Love by The Lumineers

What have you been loving this week? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I quite like the sound of the Bourjois duo, I love that they have brought out their old bronzer with a highlighter too. Thanks for the recommendations!

    Hannah x
    BLAB

    ReplyDelete