Monday, September 1, 2014

August Favorites

I know everyone's saying it, but how is August already over? This was my first summer on my own and it went by so so quickly. Fall is my favorite season so I'm excited that time is soon upon us. School is already back in session and although I have a million things I'm doing, I don't want to let this blog die! And I'm always trying new things so here's what I've been loving this month.


1. Clinique Chubby Stick in Amped Up Apple and Robust Rhubarb. I saw these when they first launched and wasn't too impressed. Once all my favorite bloggers started raving about them, I figured I should see what they hype was about. I'm glad I decided to reconsider because I love these. They're incredible easy to apply, and give a creamy glow without looking too clownish. I was concerned about the colors being really pigmented but they sheer out once you put them on.
2. MAC Electric Cool Eyeshadow in Love Power. I don't really own any individual MAC eyeshadows, because I think they're kind of expensive for single shadows. I love these limited edition shadows though. They're a cool cream to powder texture, and I really like the spongy texture. This light pink shade is right up my alley but I also just ordered the taupe shade.
3. Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black Noir, Black Tulip, and Glittery Black. You all know about my love for the Marc Jacobs Eyelieners but I have discovered ones that are just as good. These are even more creamy, though they don't last as long. I really like them for lining the upper lid when I don't feel like using liquid eyeliner. I wish they were self sharpening though.
4. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Fluid Blusher in Cherub. Essiebutton is a huge fan of these, so I figured I would check them out. It's kind of an interesting concept--it's a liquid blush that you shake up and it dries down to a creamy finish that settles like powder. It's a tiny bottle but you really only need a couple of drops as they are pigmented. I picked up Cherub because the pinky rose glow seemed the most up my ally. 
5. Clinique Smart Custom Repair Serum. This serum claims to fix all of your skin care problems and deliver targeted repair. I was a bit skeptical, which is why I first got a deluxe sample at Sephora. I love this stuff. I've noticed that my skin is less dry and has less bumps, so I shelled out for a full size bottle because it's worth it. I've had this little guy for about a month and am still finishing that one first.
6. The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Body Lotion. Normally I don't really care about lotion as long as it smells good but I've recently been loving this one from The Body Shop. Besides smelling good from the argan oil, it's incredibly moisturizing and super cheap for this big bottle! I also love the body butter version of this scent.


Books: I read a couple of great mysteries this month-- check out The Good Girl by Mary Kubica and Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. For a fun read, I recommend Your Perfect Life by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steineke.

What did you love this month? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment