Friday, August 29, 2014

Luxury Lip Products Worth the Splurge

Lipstick is something I definitely believe in spending more money on. You usually get better pigmentation, staying power, and not to mention packaging. Here are a few that I definitely believe are worth spending more on. Sorry about the quality of pictures as I did not have time to take them on my camera (back on that busy school grind).


1. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Nude in Private and Rose Infinite. First of all, the packaging is just absolutely gorgeous. I love these because they're creamy and build able. They smell yummy, have an awesome smell, and moisturize your lips. They're not the most pigmented but are certainly noticeable. They do only last about 3-4 hours so keep that in mind.
2. Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Rose. This tiny lippie packs a big punch. This is the best liquid lipstick I've tried. It lasts a really long time and isn't super drying (keep in mind that any liquid lipstick will be a little bit drying). I like to layer some lip gloss on top of this for added shine but this is a great my-lips-but-better shade.
3. Tom Ford Lip Color in Casablanca. If you're going to splurge on a lipstick, you might as well go big or go home. These are ridiculously expensive and probably not worth the hefty price tag, but I love it so much it's hard to resist. It's my favorite color, a dusky rose shade, and is incredibly pigmented, buttery, and long lasting. It's my only Tom Ford makeup item but just makes me want more.
4. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy. I forgot to take a picture/swatches of this because I'm dumb so see pictures on Fleur DeForce's blog here. I just got one of these babies and they're similar to the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine, except maybe a bit more sheer. I love the pinky sparkliness of this color and it's the only Chanel I can afford so I feel extra luxe whipping out the packaging.

L-R: YSL Nude in private, Hourglass Rose, YSL Rose, Tom Ford Casablanca

Do you have any lip products you feel were worth the splurge? Do share!



1 comment:

  1. Love the looks of these lipsticks - swatches look lovely!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete