Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Brown Eyeliner Edit

As I mentioned in my July Favorites, I've been a recent convert to the brown eyeliner bandwagon. I've found that ones with a little bit of sparkle and shimmer adds a little something extra. Here are the six I've been loving recently.

1. Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon, Ro(Cocoa) and Brown-Out. These are my favorite of the bunch. They have built-in sharpeners, which is always a plus in my book, and one has more shimmer than the other. It stays on forever and is easy to blend.
2. Urban Decay Roach. This was the first brown eyeliner I picked up, because Urban Decay has the most impressive color selection and pretty good staying power. This is the lightest of the bunch and great for a bronzy look.
3. Rimmel Scandaleyes in Bronze. For a drugstore eyeliner, this one is bomb. It's almost as creamy as the Marc Jacobs one, plus isn't a flat color (I've found that can happen with drugstore eyeliners). If you're looking to ease into brown eyeliner, this one works without breaking the bank.
4. Too Faced Bulletproof 24 Hour Eyeliner in Dirtbag. The thicker point of this makes it great for lining the top of your eye and even winging it out. The little sponge on the bottom makes this one super unique because you can blend it out and even use it as an eyeshadow.

L-R: Brown Out, Dirt Bag, Ro(Cocoa), Bronze, Roach

2 comments:

  1. I love the Urban Decay Roach!
    Great post!
    http://perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using brown eyeliner, black looks way too harsh on me. Love this post. x

    www.pagesbymolly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete