Sunday, August 17, 2014

Beauty Blogger Tag

Since I'm at home and don't have my crazy ridiculous stash to blog about, I figured it's time for another tag! I love filling these out and hopefully you like getting to know more about me by reading them. Also, I just saw the movie What If with Daniel Radcliffe. It was absolutely adorable and I strongly recommend seeing it. I'm currently reading The Good Girl by Mary Kubica and I'm enthralled. It's another fast-paced mystery book but features an interesting look into the mind of a kidnapped girl. I'm feeling it. Anyways, onto the tag.


1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
I got some crazy curls going on (not really crazy just more like sort of frizzy if I'm not careful). They're more wavy, loose-bodied curls and check out what products I use to keep it in check here

2. What is your natural hair colour?
Really dark brown.

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I don't dye my hair at all. I did dye it black freshman year of high school to be "cool" but let's not talk about that.

4. How often do you wash your hair?
At least every other day, usually every day.

5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
I pretty much just let it air dry and do it's own thing every day. Sometimes I pin a bit back or wear it up if it's being fickle. 

6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I usually get my toes done every couple of months and my nails done every month. I'll paint them myself in between. 

7. How often to you change your nail polish?
Whenever I can't handle the chips.

8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
Of course! I hate naked toes.

9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
My everyday routine is about 20 minutes-- I can do a  5 minute face if I'm in a rush.

10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I start with primer/foundation/concealer, do my eyes, then finish with powder/blush/etc. So I guess I alternate.

11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
Oh god I am definitely a collector. Although most of my products are bought on recommendation from other blogs or the occasional impulse buy.

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Never!

13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
It depends on what I'm doing but pretty much yes. 

14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
If I'm going out in public, yes. If not, no.

15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
I can, but I prefer not to. I like to at least use some concealer and mascara. 

16. How many high end products do you have?
Way more than I should, but I believe that you do usually get better products with higher prices. Not to knock on drugstore products, because I do have things I love from there, but I don't mind shelling out for a great product.

17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
I try to at least wash my foundation brush every week. I'm not so good about this.

18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
I like to plan something out in my head at least, but half the time it doesn't end up looking how I want it to so I'm frantically hating all my clothes and eventually deciding on something.

19. How often do you change your handbag?
Almost never- 95% of the time I'm using my beat up Tory Burch cross body which I love to death.

20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
I usually go to sleep anywhere between 10-12. During the summer, I was waking up at 6:45 for work but now I can sleep in until 9:30 for the school year :)

21. How often & when do you workout?
NOT NEARLY AS MUCH AS I SHOULD! This needs to change.

22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
Right-handed.

23. How tall are you?
5'7"

24. Do you speak a foreign language?
Despite 5 years of spanish, a year of french, and a year of italian, I can barely get by in any of those languages.

25. How many pets do you have?
I currently have none, though I really want a corgi.

26. How often are you on Blogger?
I was fortunate enough to have the time to post every week day at work. I know I'll be busier during the school year but I'm hoping to try to post at least three times a week.

27. Do you read the comments posted blogs?
I do! And if you ask me a question I will respond.

28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Absolutely! Like I said above, this is where I often get inspiration for new products to buy.

29. How did you come up with your blog name?
The URL combined three things I love and would be blogging about the most. The actual name was named after a Beatles song and seemed to just apply.

30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
I just got a Samsung, don't know the exact name, and can't wait to start using it so I don't have crappy iPhone pictures anymore!

31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
I just have a room to deal with, but I try to clean as I go and keep it neat as much as possible.

32. What is your favourite colour?
Lilac

33. What is your favorite beauty/fashion magazine?
I would have to go with Glamour or Cosmo. 

34. Do you swear?
Yes but I'm trying to be better.

35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
I'm actually writing this the night before it's going up, but the plans for today (aka tomorrow) are to get a massage, watch How I Met Your Mother, and get dinner with my grandparents. Ah the excitement of being home.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I really want to watch the movie What If! And that book looks good :) I'm currently reading Ishmael, it's quite intriguing so far! Loved reading this tag too, I'm thinking of doing it too :)

    www.imaniqbal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog you have! :-)

    I am following you on blog Lovin, please follow me back :-)

    Fleur x

    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete