Monday, August 4, 2014

Summer Shoe Wardrobe

Summer is definitely my lazy footwear time. It's so easy to throw on a pair of shoes, not worry about socks, and show off your brightly colored toes. I definitely wear the Toms and Rainbows more often than any of these, but here are all my spring/summer/early early fall shoes (because flip flops in September can be acceptable).

Tory Burch Miller Logo Thong. These are my fancy flip flops, and I've actually dedicated a whole post to them here.
Tahari Wedges, similar. Unfortunately I don't think these are available since I purchased them a couple of years ago. The neutral color allows these to match anything and make an outfit slightly more casual, and the bands are made of a stretchy material that is super comfortable. They make my legs look miles long.
Sam Edelman Felicia Flat. Black ballet flats are a staple in my wardrobe. I'm not really a heels girl, being already pretty tall and clumsy, so these are my automatic "nice" shoes when it's not sandal weather. They come in a million colors and I have my eye on the nude ones.
Softt Wedges. These may be the most comfortable pair of platform shoes I've ever put on. They only have a couple of inches of height, and the footbed is so squishy and padded it's like walking on a cloud.

Birkenstock Gizeh. I used to think Birkenstocks were ugly, until I came to UVM. I'm still not a fan of them in black/brown but I like the griller cream color of these. They're incredibly supportive and comfortable and worth an investment for good quality.
Merona Flats. Like I said, I love flats and it's fun to have a pair in a non-neutral color to jazz up an outfit and make your feet the center of attention.
Toms Classic Slip-Ons. If you don't already own a pair of these, go out and buy one right now. They take a little bit to break in but once they do, you'll never want to take them off. You can wear them on a really hot day or also a chilly winter day and they work with any type of outfit.

Converse Low Sneaker. I've had these for almost five years but just can't seem to part with them. I think the more beat-up they are, the better they look and they're the closest thing to a sneaker you'll find me in without being in the gym.
Splendid Madrid Sandal. Yet another pair of "classy" flip-flops, these leather ones are an edge up above classic rubber styles while maintaining a casual feel.
Rainbow Narrow Strap Sandal. These are the flip-flops to splurge on. They become molded to your feet after you break them in and offer great arch support. They're spongy and surfer-cool, plus they're less likely to break than their rubber counterparts.

What shoes have you been living in all summer?

2 comments:

  1. Ah I love your summer shoe collection, choosing shoes to wear in the summer is so much easier!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm wearing my converse a lot this summer too!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win some Raybans of your choice + a beauty goodie bag worth nearly £300 on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete