Friday, August 8, 2014

40 Beauty Questions Tag

My awkward attempt at a questioning face




Skincare:
-How many times do you wash your face daily? I wash my face twice a day, morning and night.
-What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combo) I have combo skin, with occasional dry patches and a semi-oily T zone
-What is your current facial wash? I use Orgins GinZing Refreshing Scrub in the morning and First Aid Beauty Red Clay Cleanser at night.
-Do you exfoliate? I do an exfoliating mask a few times a week.
-What brand do you use? Most of my products are from The Body Shop but I also use a few things from Kiehl's, L'Oreal, First Aid Beauty, and Clinique. 
-What moisturizer do you use? In the morning, I use The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet and at night I use Origins Drink Up Intensive
-Do you have freckles? There are some prominent ones on my nose and some less noticeable ones on my cheeks. 
-Do you use eye cream? I do to counteract my dark circles and puffiness. I use Kiehl's Creamy Under Eye Treatment and Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel at night.
-Do you or did you have acne prone skin? I've never had terrible acne but do get red bumps occasionally.
-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ? No.

Makeup:
-What foundation do you use? Foundation is a product I've been experimenting with lately, and believe it's possible to have many favorites. Currently, I've been loving YSL Touche Eclat Foundation in B30 and Makeup Forever HD Foundation in 120.
-How about concealer? Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Natural has been a lifesaver for me the past month.
-Do you know your undertone colour? I'm pretty neutral/beige, with slightly more yellow than pink.
-What do you think of false eyelashes? I love the look they give, but I've never really been able to master them.
-Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months? I do know that, but also adding eye drops to a dried out mascara can pro-long their life.
-What brand of mascara do you use? Maybelline and L'Oreal offer great drugstore options, and I also love Benefit They're Real
-Sephora or MAC? Overall, I would have to pick Sephora, simply because of the extensive selection of different brands. I am a huge fan of the MAC Limited Edition collections and their lipsticks.
-Do you have a MAC Pro-card? No.
-What makeup tools do you use in makeup application? Almost all of my brushes are from Sigma, but I have a few Sephora Pro Brushes too. Q Tips are also an essential for cleaning up eyeliner.
-Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes? Always! I didn't start doing this until a couple of years ago and I don't know how I lived without it. Colors last way longer and don't crease. I use either Too Faced Candlelight Primer or Nars Smudge Proof Primer.
-For the face? I like using different primers depending on my skin's needs--sometimes I want to moisturize, sometimes I want to counteract redness, or sometimes I want to help my "acne'". However, my holy grail primer is Smashbox Photo Finish
-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)? I'm all about the shimmer, and I love either a gorgeous champagne or light purple.
-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? I use liquid eyeliner on the top and pencil eyeliner on the bottom.
-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? Almost never, although I'm still working on mastering the perfect cat eye. 
-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows? I like the idea of them, I've just never gotten around to using them.
-Do you use mineral makeup? I like the Mac Mineralize Skinfinishes, as well as the mineralize blushes. 
-What is your favorite lipstick? Such a tough question! Either Tom Ford Casablanca or YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Rose Infinite
-How about lipgloss? The Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors are great.
-What is your favorite blush to use? I don't think I have one favorite blush, but I like ones with a hint of shimmer that add a natural glow.
-Do you buy your makeup on ebay? I've bought makeup from international sellers that isn't available in the USA, like all of my Soap & Glory makeup.
-Do you like drugstore makeup? I have a love/hate relationship--there are certain things that are definitely a good bargain, but other ones that aren't worth wasting money on.
-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets) No.
-Did you ever consider taking makeup classes? I never have, but would be open to the idea!
-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? Occasionally I'll poke myself putting on mascara, and like I said above, I'm still working on mastering the cat eye.
-Name a makeup crime that you hate? I hate the foundation line when it's not completely blended in around the jaw.
-Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones? I'd like to think I fall somewhere in between--I like subtle shades of pink/purple/red, so you can usually tell I'm wearing makeup, but it's not too much.
-Which celebrity always has great makeup? I think Emmy Rossum always looks gorgeous and natural.
-If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use? Definitely concealer-- my dark circles are always crazy.
-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Obviously I COULD and I have before but I like to do a 5 product face if I'm pressed for time (tinted moisturizer, concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara). 
-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on? I'm not one of those people who looks drastically different, because I do more natural looks, but I prefer myself with makeup. 
-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line? Dior delivers great quality products with a pricy tag. L'Oreal has lots of great products for the drugstore.
-What do you think of Makeup?? Obviously I love it. I think it's a form of art that you can use to enhance your natural features. I'm not saying you can't feel confident without makeup, because plenty of people do, but I think it works to help you show off what you already have.


I now tag all of you to do this! Leave a comment linking to your blog if you fill out this tag :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post,dear!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella!

    ReplyDelete