Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Self Tanner I Actually Like?

I do not have a good record with self-tanning products. I tried the Jergen's cream, which left my hands all streaky and didn't look natural on me. I tried the L'Oreal towelettes which were just a disaster. I've never actually been tanning or gotten a spray tan because it's really not worth it to me. I don't spend a lot of time outside so I've just learned to accept my usually-the-second-lightest-foundation-shade skin tone. All that changed when my friend Joanna, who's already naturally tan, introduced me to this product.



I've never heard of the brand Mina Organics but she picked this up at Bed Bath & Beyond (if yours has a Harmon section) and it was only $10 so I figured why not. I found it on Amazon here. It's a few dollars more but if you can't find it anywhere else, it's still an affordable price. This is more of a lotion texture, and what I love is that it's half bronzing serum and half moisturizer. This insures that you don't get too unnaturally orange and makes it more of a tinted moisturizer for the body.

I've found that the best way to apply it is on a foam puff (again, picked this up from Bed Bath & Beyond for a couple of bucks). This helps make for less streaky application and prevents the dreaded self-tan hands. I've used this three times since I've bought it and I'm in love. It create such a natural glow that I look like I actually have a slight tan!  I'm not streaky or orange and it seems to last pretty long. Applying it right after the shower seems to be the best as it will absorb better into wet skin and give that added moisturizing benefit.

I've never tried any St. Tropez products but this feels like it might be a dupe for something! Any other self tanning products I should be on the look out for? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment