Friday, September 19, 2014

Brand Focus: Marc Jacobs Cosmetics

I'm a fan of designer makeup, but often find that brands can be inconsistent or not be worth the hefty price tag. That all changed with the Marc Jacobs brand. I bought my first item, the Lolita Palette, last fall and then quickly scooped up the rest of this starting in late spring. I used mostly giftcards/return credit for these, so no I did not spend this much of my real money. Here's what I own from the line. I purchased everything from Sephora but you can also buy directly from Marc Jacobs Beauty.


Lolita Palette. Besides the Naked palettes, this was one of my first splurge eyeshadow palettes. It has shimmers, mattes, and sheen finishes, so there's a good variety. It's incredibly slim and sleek. I do have some fallout issues with the middle glitter shade but that's my only complaint.
Highliner Gel Eye Crayon (Blackquer, Overt, Plumage, Obey-ge, Rococoa, Brownout). I've raved about these in many posts, but these are probably the best eyeliners out on the market. Creamy, smudge-proof, pigmented, and self-sharpening. What more could you want?
Genius Gel Foundation in Bisque Light. This is just a good liquid foundation. It's light to medium coverage, has a pump, and has pretty good lasting powder. It's in between a dewy and matte finish, just great for everyday.
Remedy Concealer Pen in Shade 2. This is kind of like YSL Touche Eclat, except it works more for coverage and less for highlighting. I like the metal tip as it feels nice and cooling while providing decent coverage.
Lust for Lacquer Lip Vinyl in Studded Kiss and Lust for Life. I bought these last December and, although they are nice lip glosses, they aren't worth the hefty price tag. I like the shimmery color that doesn't look tacky, and it's the only plumping formula I've found that doesn't seem to irritate me.
Marvelous Mousse Foundation in Bisque Light. The formula is kind of like what you get in a stick foundation (think Bobbi Brown) but with more control over it. It says full coverage but it's pretty build-able so you can use it how you want. Sometimes I layer it over the gel foundation for days when my skin is really acting up.
Omega Bronze. The compact is almost the size of my face, so although it's a hefty price tag, you won't run out any time soon. It's a completely matte formula and great for contouring or adding warmth.
Magic Marc'er Waterproof Eyeliner. Again, I've raved about this in a few posts but one of the best liquid eyeliners out there with great staying powder. Love love love.
ReMarcable Full Coverage Concealer. This isn't the most full coverage concealer I've tried, but the formula is incredibly creamy. It brightens my undereyes but can be prone to creasing.

I recently read Nev Schulman, the host of Catfish's, book In Real Life: Love, Lies, and Identity in the Digital Age. I've been a big fan of the show since the beginning and always found Nev adorable. The book expands on the idea of the show but really makes you reflect on how much you use social media  and how it impacts your life. It gives you a nice glimpse into Nev's life as well, and is easy to breeze through. It's a change up from the books I normally read but I recommend it for a quick read. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous of all your Marc Jacobs cosmetics! I'm a student at the moment so it's not really in my price range! xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete