Monday, September 15, 2014

The Lightweight Base Round-Up

There are days when my skin is freaking out and needs some heavier coverage, but there are also times when it's feeling alright and just needs a little something extra. As I've mentioned many times, covering redness is a main concern of mine. I love tinted moisturizers/BB creams because they're providing skincare benefits while still helping out your problem spots. It still looks like your skin though and looking cakey is never an issue. Here are the five I love and have in constant rotation for days I don't want to fuss around.


  1. Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream in 53 (I got mine on ASOS originally but it seems to have sold out so do some digging on Amazon or Ebay). I love the Bourjois brand and long when it is readily accessible in the USA. CC Creams kind of confuse me but I like this because it offers a decent amount of coverage and fulfills its promise of color correcting redness. It's very hydrating and also offers SPF.
  2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude. If you're looking for a tinted moisturizer, this cult classic should be first on your list. It has a great color range, and adds moisture with just a hint of color. This is incredibly lightweight and is perfect for slapping on with your fingers when you don't want to spend a ton of time on your look. I like pairing this with the brand's radiance primer--check out my post on that here.
  3. Estee Lauder BB Glow in Shade 2. This is probably the "heaviest" coverage of the bunch and feels slightly more like a foundation than BB creme, but it's still in no way heavy at all. It gives a glow as promised and helps perk up tired or dull looking skin. Sometimes BB creams that offer a glow can make you look oily but I never feel shiny with this-- add some powder if you are concerned though.
  4. Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer in Nude. To be perfectly honest, this is not worth the high price tag but I had a #feelingspendy moment in San Francisco. It is a great tinted moisturizer, maybe slightly higher coverage than the Laura Mercier one, but it's also a thicker texture. I don't regret buying it and it blends like a dream, but it opened my eyes to the extremely expensive Chantecaille brand (I tried a foundation that was $80 and would never spend that much, though it was nice).
  5. Diorskin Nude BB Cream in Fair. Of the bunch, this is the most BB cream like in texture and coverage. It "smooths, protects, and corrects" while making me glow, plus I love the pump packaging. I was able to make this shade work for me, though it leans a tad too yellow (although that's great for covering redness), but those with pink undertones may have trouble finding a shade that works for them (there are only 4).
L-R: Bourjois, Laura Mercier, Estee Lauder, Chantecaille, Dior

For some reason, the Estee Lauder and Chantecaille ones are swatching really pink but that's just the lighting, they're more neutral toned, sorry!

It took me a week to finish Bob's Burgers and now I just want all my other shows to return! Mindy Project is the only one coming back this week (Tuesday) and then things kick into full gear next week, right in time for my two exams! I'm just waiting for two more Charlotte Tilbury items to come before I do my big review/round-up, so look for that Wed. or Thurs. Let me tell you I am already obsessed with the line and it may just be my overall new favorite brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment