Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Charlotte Tilbury: My New Favorite Makeup Brand

Pretty sure I opened a Pandora's Box by delving into the Charlotte Tilbury collection, but I knew this would happen. I have been eagerly anticipating the brand's launch in the USA and am extremely pleased with the results. I was able to land the Filmstar Bronze & Glow and Powder & Sculpt Brush as a gift set from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (check out my review here). I purchased all of my items from Nordstrom, but they are also available directly through the Net-a-Porter website and Charlotte Tilbury's site. I apologize for the lack of swatches as I wanted to get this post up as soon as possible and have had a crazy week!


1. Dolce Vita Palette. Wow these are some gorgeous colors. I opted to go with the warm, bronze toned palette as I feel it's best for fall. Each shadow is gorgeous and buttery, and they blend well together (I've heard some reviews that even say this is better than the Tom Ford palettes). I also have my eye on the purple toned Glamor Muse palette but these are a ridiculous splurge so that may have to go on the holiday wish list.
2. First Love Blush. It was incredibly hard to pick which blush I wanted from the line, as they all seem amazing, but I decided to go with the most natural one. This gives a peachy warm flush to your cheeks, and again is a finely milled texture. It didn't emphasize pores, and I like the large mirror in the compact. I have my eye on Love Glow and Sex is on Fire.
3. Color Chameleon Pencil in Amethyst Aphrodisiac and Amber Haze. These eyeshadow pencils are designed to compliment specific eye colors (amber haze is for my brown eyes), but I also decided to pick up the purple one (meant for green eyes) because I felt like breaking the rules. I'm not normally one for cream shadow sticks, but these have turned me on to them. They blend well, last well, and are pretty shimmery--which I'm a huge fan of but is something to be cautious of.
4. Kissing Lipstick in Stoned Rose. I couldn't resist the lipsticks, and of course I picked up a pinky-brown nude that's a MLBB. I love the old fashioned gold compact, and the formula is moisturizing and lasts a few hours. I'm still waiting for Bitch Perfect, a coral shade, that was on backorder.

Well I'm addicted. I just want all of it. Each product performed incredibly well and was worth the value. This is a brand worth saving your pennies for and should certainly be added to your holiday list. Have you tried anything from Charlotte Tilbury? What products are your favorite?

Speaking of holidays (it's never too early), Sephora has released a first look at some holiday gift sets and Beautezine gives you the scoop on a few of them. Keep in mind this is a Canadian magazine, so prices are in Canadian dollars and will be lower in the USA.

1 comment:

  1. I'm DYING to try the Dolce Vita palette! Its so gorgeous
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete