Monday, February 1, 2016

January Favorites

One down, eleven to go. January is always a weird month for me--I spend half of it at home doing nothing and the other half adjusting back to school life. I could wax on and on about my existentialist feelings of my last semester at school, but that's another story. I've actually been pretty good this month about sticking to the makeup I already own, as well as using some new things.


Chanel Blush in Alezane. I'm a huge fan of Chanel blushes, and I rediscovered this in my collection a couple of weeks ago. I believe I got it in September as part of the fall collection, and it's a gorgeous peachy nude color that adds warmth to the face. It's pretty shimmery but doesn't look over the top. If you love MAC Warm Soul, you'll love this.
Barry M Liquid Eyeliner in Ebony. I randomly ordered this from Asos in December and didn't expect to be so wowed. This eyeliner does not budge--I'll have it on the whole day and have to seriously scrub at my eyes in order to totally remove it. Originally, I hated the brush style liquid eyeliner, but it's really grown on me. I just noticed they added some more colors beyond the traditional black, so I'll definitely be getting another color or two.
Pixi Rose Oil Blend. Pixi Skincare is amazing. The makeup from the brand has been hit-or-miss for me, but their everything-under-$30 skincare line has me singing a different tune. This is one of the standout products from the range--I love anything rose scented, and I use this as the last step in my morning skincare routine. It is soothing, moisturizing, and leaves my face feeling so refreshed. Any kind of skin would love this, especially sensitive/dry.
EX1 Foundation in F100. After seeing Youtubers like KathleenLights and Jaclyn Hill rave about this, I knew I had to give it a try. My skin tone is pretty neutral, but since I have redness, I prefer yellow-toned shades to counteract that. This cosmetics line is especially targeted for olive toned skin, and I'm very impressed. It's a fuller coverage foundation and is quite creamy. It blends so well and makes my skin look amazing.
Cailyn O Wow Makeup Brush. There's a certain line of brushes on the market that look like ridiculously expensive spoons, so I wasn't really interested. I've seen some sites mention this brush as a dupe, but I was still a bit wary as to whether the design was worth it. After using it only once, it's now my favorite way to apply foundation. My Beauty Blender has remained virtually untouched since I got it--the dense bristles and long brush provide such an even and lovely coverage.


Books: Paradise City by Elizabeth DayNot After Everything by Michelle LevyWhat Was Mine by Helen Klein Ross

Music: Heart of Glass by BlondieDust Bunnies by Kurt Vile

What did you love in January? Share below!

3 comments:

  1. i always hear good things about pixi, really want to try some of their stuff soon!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chanel makeup brushes is the balm.com

    www.littlecoffeebreak.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that blush looks gorgeous! A nice list of favorites you have there :)

    www.ameliacharis.com

    ReplyDelete