Monday, February 29, 2016

February Favorites

February is already over? It feels like January just started. As sad as I am to see my birthday month leave, I'm very excited to head to LA this upcoming weekend for a fun spring break. Although I've been in a bit of a blogging rut lately, lots of products I've been anticipating are launching soon. But enough about what's to come, here are the things I loved this past month.


Too Faced Mr. Right Powder Brush. Too Faced isn't kidding when they named this brush Mr. Right. It's so soft and the dome shape makes it perfect to apply basically anything. I use it mainly for powder, but when I travel, I can use it for blush/bronzer/highlight as well. The design is quite cute which puts it slightly above any other brush I own.
YSL Touche Eclat Neutralizers in Violet and Bisque. I've always loved my Touche Eclat, but sometimes felt like it didn't do enough to cover up my under eyes. These correctors have been my saviors. I use the bisque color first as a peach/orange corrector, then use violet on top to brighten. The brush makes it so easy to apply and the formula is creamy and long-lasting. They're slightly pricy but well worth it.
Rosie for Autograph Eyeshadow Palette in Copper Gold Rush. I guess I lucked out because the amazing Rosie for Autograph collection (which launched in the UK a few weeks ago) only allowed me to ship to the US for a week. I placed 2 orders, tried to place another one last week, and it sadly won't allow me to ship them to the US anymore. But the rose gold packaging in the collection is very reminiscent of Charlotte Tilbury, with product quality being just as similar. These are gorgeous shades for a nude eye with a pop of purple. If you can get your hands on this collection, I highly recommend it.
Charlotte Tilbury Airspun Powder in 01 Fair. Speaking of Charlotte Tilbury, this is one of my all-time favorite powders and I've been reaching for it a lot lately. It doesn't give a ton of coverage, but is so buttery and adds a nice even tone to skin. It looks extremely pale but works well when a foundation can be a bit too dark for me. As you can see, I've just hit pan, which you know means I love it.
Elcie Micro Silque Foundation in 03 Vanilla. Jaclyn Hill raves about this foundation, so of course I had to see what the hype was about. It's a light-medium foundation that sits somewhat between a dewy and matte coverage. My dry skin loves it, but I think oily skin types would love it as well. It lasts a fairly long time and claims to be water-resistant (although I haven't tested that yet).



It was kind of a crazy month, so sorry for the lack of music and book favorites. Let me know what you loved in the month of February!


4 comments:

  1. You have some really amazing products here! I have never tried any of them, but I sure would like to :) Great post xx

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Charlotte Tilbury's packaging beautiful! Expensive products but so lovely. I haven't tried the other products but will keep an eye out for them:)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved having lots of birthday gift certificates for Sephora.com! It's my birthday month, too, so a much belated happy happy from me to you. Nice blog, you have all of my favorite things here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I might like it. Could I try it before buying?

    ReplyDelete