Monday, February 8, 2016

The Balm Manizer Sisters Palette

I love The Balm and definitely don't give them enough love on my blog. They have some amazing eyeshadow palettes (The Balmba quartets are great), as well as cute blushes and new shadow sticks I have my eyes on. Everyone raves about their highlighters, and I have kind of a weird experience with them. Mary-Lou Manizer was actually one of my first highlights, but this was before I was super into makeup. I actually didn't like it (not sure how), and then my Cindy-Lou Manizer actually broke. Nevertheless, I thought it had been long enough that I should give them a second chance. And that's how the Manizer Sister Palette came into my life.


Each individual highlighter is around $20, and although they're bigger than the pans here, these pans are each quite decent themselves. You get all three for only $28, and I don't see myself running out of of one any time soon. Although the packaging is cardboard (as is most of theirs), it doesn't feel cheap, and it's quite compact. The mirror is a nice addition too. Mary-Lou Manizer is a gorgeous champagne gold shade--again, not sure how I ever felt anything but adoration for this. Cindy-Lou is a more pigmented pink shade that could be used as a light highlight or even a blush. Betty-Lou would work lovely on darker skin tones, and will probably be my least used one. It's a rich bronze pigment shade, so I have to make sure I use a very light hand so as not to appear muddy. 


L-R: Mary Lou, Cindy Lou, Betty Lou

Even if you already own one of the shades, I think this trio for only $28 is such a good value. Each shade is creamy, pigmented, and will give a lovely sheen without chunky glitter. The Balm has quality products with creative packaging and semi-decent prices--what's not to love?





4 comments:

  1. Pretty colors!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are beautiful and looks very pigmented. A very nice review :)

    http://vigiraj.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These highlights are amazing! Love the mary-lou one!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete