Friday, February 19, 2016

Colourpop x Kaepop Collaboration

Colourpop is one of, if not the ultimate, best affordable brand. Everything is under $10, and the quality far exceeds the price point. With the exception of Kathleen Lights, I usually don't know most of the people Colourpop does collaborations with. However, I'm a sucker for limited edition collections, and the Kaepop items looked too good to pass up. They came in last week so here are my first impressions.


Eyeshadow Quartet. The eyeshadow texture is so cool--almost like a spongy texture that starts as a cream but dries to more of a powder finish. I love the little boxes they give you when you order a quartet, but they can be a bit bulky (it would be impossible to put the shadows in a palette though). The four shades are: "Wilshire (Mid tone warm peachy beige in a Matte Finish); Crenshaw (Warm saddle brown in a Matte Finish); Beverly (Deepened blackberry in a Matte Finish); & Sunset Blvd (Warm golden bronze in a Pearlized Finish)." My favorite is, of course, Sunset Blvd--I'm much more of a shimmer than matte fan, but the matte shades work great for crease colors/blending.
Bronze Me Matte Bronzer. Like the eyeshadows, the cheek products have a similar finish. This is a great warm bronze that I actually like to use for subtle contouring--using my fingers makes it so easy to blend, and although it's warm, it isn't orange.
 Flush'd Blush. Colourpop describes this color as a "rusty deepened peach". I think this would work well on all skintones--it's dark enough to show up on deeper tones, whereas lighter girls like myself can just use this sparingly for a flushed and natural look.
Glo Up Highlighter. Of course my favorite piece in the collection is the highlighter. It's a deeper, champagne gold shade that has some shimmer to it. It's quite pigmented, although on my skintone, it can be a bit intense, so I have to use it sparingly.

L-R: Kaepop, Beverly, Sunset Blvd., Wilshire, Flush'd, Bronze Me, Glo Up

There are also three new ultra matte lip shades and matching pencils, although I'm trying to resist the temptation of lip products for a while. Have you tried anything from the Kaepop collection? What are your favorite Colourpop items? Share below!


3 comments: