Monday, February 15, 2016

YSL Black Opium Gift Set

Sorry for not posting on Friday--I hate when I miss a post, but sometimes crazy life gets in the way. It was my birthday, so at least I have a good excuse. I received this set as a gift and wanted to share my first impressions, since I think it's a great value. Most perfume gift sets usually come with some sort of body product like lotion or body wash, so I was very glad that this came with makeup. I have another YSL perfume, as well as some makeup, and am always impressed.



I guess since Valentine's Day just passed, this gift set is actually sold out! I remember it being around $80 for a $110 value, so you basically get the lipstick for free. The star of the show is, of course, the YSL Black Opium. I haven't bought a new perfume in a while (although I certainly didn't need one), and this deeper, spicier scent is perfect for winter. Sephora describes it as "Notes: 
Coffee Accord, Orange Blossom, Cedarwood Essence, Patchouli Essense.  Style: Addictive. Floral. Energetic." The bottle is a traditional black, with a subtle glitter. It's surprisingly sophisticated, since sometimes glitter can make a perfume bottle look cheap. The scent has great lasting power and is pretty different from most of the other products I own. I can't find the eyeliner online, but it's a kajal with a long tip. I find it kind of difficult to apply, since the black smudges on my eyelid, but it is a nice black shade. The lipstick has limited edition packaging with the heart on it, but I believe it is the Satin Radiance Lipstick in Le Rouge. I love YSL Lipsticks, and this is no exception. The color is a classic red that I know I'll get a lot of use out of.


Although I can't seem to find the giftset anymore, YSL Black Opium is a lovely perfume for someone who wants to change up their usual scent, or likes deeper notes. Although the eyeliner is just meh, the lipstick is also worth a purchase on its own. What's your favorite perfume? Share below!

1 comment:

  1. Heard so many great things about Opium and now I really want to smell it for myself! -Maireem

    My Fair Autumn | Instagram

    ReplyDelete