Friday, January 29, 2016

Laura Geller vs. YSL Multi-Colored Powders

You might be looking at these powders and thinking, "How do I apply these rainbow colored creations to my face?". Various pigments create different effects on the face, and when you swirl them all together, they add color correcting properties and a subtle glow. I've recently picked up two similar products from YSL and Laura Geller, so let's compare them and see which one is the winner.


For starters, the Laura Geller Filter Finish Setting Powder is a bit cheaper at $32, while the YSL Gypsy Opale Face Palette is pricier at $47. The price point is certainly shown in the packaging--the Laura Geller comes in a slightly cheap looking, clear compact. The YSL one comes in the classic YSL gold compact, which includes a mirror, and has a beautiful rainbow design on the front. It's also limited edition, so is going to be harder to find and won't be around much longer. I personally prefer the YSL packaging, as it's more luxe, and I also like the design better. To be honest, both perform very well--I use them either on top of liquid foundation or as I set my whole face, and I really do see a glow. I wouldn't normally use this type of powder on its own, but as an addition to foundation. The Laura Geller one is a bit of a lighter, more powdery texture, while the YSL powder feels a bit more high coverage. Another benefit of the YSL one is that the colored powders are individually separated, so if you just wanted to use the purple one, you could (although you would need a very small brush).

If you're just looking for a good, all-around color correcting face powder, I would suggest the cheaper Laura Geller option. But if you're a makeup aficionado like me who loves limited-edition product, I think the YSL one performs just a little bit better and is worth the splurge. I'm not sure you need both, but they're both lovely products and it just depends on preference. If you know of any more affordable color correcting powders, please share below!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely reviews! They both looks so shimmery and beautiful, I'd love to collect them both *sigh* :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the YSL packaging is amazing, definitely worth the higher price. I am definitely going to check it out, my skin has a lot of redness.

    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
  3. YSL is always so pricey but still love their packagings!
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnumax bodybuilding requires dedication unlike another product. Then on top famous that you must look each morning mirror every day and see progress indicates new muscle with greater degrees of definition. Its usually very disheartening when the mirror doesnt represent gains that you believe you have earned and worked hard for. Now the exercise part is easy anyone can figure out how to walk run cycle swim http://jackedmuscleextremeadvice.com/magnumax/

    ReplyDelete