Monday, January 11, 2016

Affordable New Makeup to Put On Your Radar

In the past, I haven't been too impressed with drugstore offerings. They have some star items but you have to wade through a lot of duds. Lately, every brand under the sun has been coming out with new items and they've really stepped up their game. Covergirl, Maybelline, and L'Oreal all have lots of new items--I figured that everyone is doing reviews of them, so I would show some lesser-known new items, but let me know if you want to see reviews of anything from those brands! I'm either waiting for the items below to come or they're on my wishlist!


Nyx Strobe of Genius Illuminating Palette. Nyx has been releasing so many great new items, like contouring kits and ombre lips, but of course I gravitated towards the highlighting palette. The color selection reminds me of the ones Sleek have released. I'm not sure if these are more of a creme or powder texture, but with seven shades, they definitely seem to have quite a variety for all skintones.
Nyx Lip Lingerie. Nude lipstick lovers, rejoice. These were teased a few months ago and everyone is comparing them to the Kylie Lip Kits, down to the packaging. I've been impressed with their liquid lipstick formula in the past, and now there are 12 different nude shades to choose from. You can bet that I already have a few on the way.
Elf Hydrating Bubble Mask. Elf is a very hit-or-miss brand with me (more often miss), but I've never tried their skincare. I think the bubble mask is a Korean inspired trend--the website claism that "This hydrating and nourishing gel transforms into a bubble mask on the face. Watch as bubbles fizz and foam to remove excess dirt and cleanse pores for glowing, healthy looking skin." The skincare is slightly more pricy, which doesn't always translate to better performing, so we'll see.
Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer. The only person I've seen talk about this so far is Tati from Glam Life Guru, but she loves it. She said it's buttery (as the name suggests) and smells like coconut. It's more of a glow bronzer than contour shade, and supposed to warm up the face without looking shimmery. My only complaint about Physicians Formula is their packaging tends to be unnecessarily bulky.

What new items from the drugstore have been on your radar? Share below!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love that article! The mask by ELF looks quite appealing! I might have a little detour on the website now.

    Mika | La French Connection

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice products!

    http://www.alovelystyle.com/?p=182

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to get my hands on that bronzer but Phisicians Formula is impossible to be found in Spain, and that sucks!
    I hope you have a great day xx

    Sel♥
    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I haven't used any Physician's Formula products but heard so many good things about them! :) Thanks for sharing

    XOXO,
    HaeMin

    HAEKUNAMATATA

    ReplyDelete