Monday, January 4, 2016

New Sparkles In My Life

Seeing as this is my 200th post, I figured I should write about my favorite makeup product--highlighters. I've loved them before the "strobing" trend even took off (which is just a dumb name for putting on highlighter anyways) and it seems like every brand is coming out with them. Here are some first impressions of the ones I've picked up recently.


Benefit Shy Beam. A matte highlighter sounds contradictory, but it's something you're probably missing from your collection. It doesn't add shimmer, but it does lighten certain areas and make them appear more radiant. You can wear this underneath foundation, underneath your eyes (my favorite place), or even under a highlighter. The light pink texture color adds subtle shine and is perfect for those who aren't a fan of traditional highlighters.
Too Faced Warm Glow Candlelight. I wasn't a fan of the original Candlelight Glow, as it was a little too pink for me, but this warm one is right up my alley. One side is a more traditional lighter champagne shade, while the other one is a bit darker and golden. They're big enough to use individually, or you can swirl them together for a warm glow. 
Dior Glowing Garden 002 Illuminating Powder. This is the real star of the show. For starters, the design of the powder is so gorgeous it's hard to dip my brush in it. Although it's a splurge, this is my favorite by far. It's so subtle and glowy, yet really gives that lit-from-within look. You don't look like you're wearing a highlighter--it's that amazing. It's limited edition and already sold out a few places, so make sure you grab one quickly.
Bare Minerals Illuminating Veil. I went to a Bare Minerals outlet last week and was impressed with their product selection, as outlets are usually a disappointment for me. This one is more of an all-over face powder that adds illumination, similar to Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. If you want to use it as a spot highlight, it can certainly be built up for subtle illumination. I got it in a value kit that also had a lip gloss, brush, and clutch.
Bare Minerals Endless Celebration Color Boost. Another outlet buy, at first glance I thought this was a bronzer or blush. But it's actually not that pigmented, which works to its advantage. The colors swirl together for a light pink sheen that can be built up to more of a blush, or worn underneath another color to give it a boost. You can use the individual shades as highlighters as well.

L-R: Benefit, Too Faced, Dior, Illuminating Veil, Color Boost

What new highlighters have you been loving lately? Let me know!


2 comments:

  1. Ugh I'm obsessed with the whole glowy thing right now! That Dior one sounds so luxe and nice *heart eye emoji*

    SinĂ©ad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...sparkles! I personally love highlighters, they are my highlights of my life. Haha, pun intended! I haven't tried Benefit Shy Beam but I absolutely love High Beam! Great round up <3

    Congrats on posting your 200th post! Woot woot!

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete