Friday, January 1, 2016

December Favorites

And just like that, another year has come to a close. 2015 was a crazy year, and 2016 will (hopefully) prove to be a very pivotal year in my life. I start my last semester of college in just a couple of weeks and then graduate into the real world in May. Five months seems like a long time, but I'm scared it will just fly by. But before I launch into an existential crisis, here are the goods I loved in December. I was home for the second half of the month, so I brought the things I had been constantly using as well as some I picked up while I've been in a real city.


Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color in Nude Thrill and Nude Flush. There is so much new stuff at the drugstores lately it's been hard to keep up. It seems like every brand is releasing their own version of a liquid lipstick, but I love these. They don't dry completely matte, which I like because it can sometimes be too drying, but aren't insanely glossy either. They last a long time and feel very comfortable on the lips. Obviously, I love the two nude colors--one is a more traditional nude, while the other is a bit more pink.
Maybelline Prime + Illuminate Eyeshadow Base. Who would've thought the day would come when something would replace my beloved Too Faced Candlelight Eye Primer? Not a day goes by that I don't use an eyeshadow primer, and I always use a shimmery one to maximize the shine. This one is a gorgeous pale nude color that is truly illuminating. It doesn't make shadows crease or look dry. It's a great budget alternative to more expensive primers.
Sunday Riley Luna Oil. I've been using the mini version from the duo I reviewed last week here and my skin has been loving it. Check out the post I did for a more in-depth review but my skin has never looked better. It's worth it to get the Power Couple duo while it's still in stock.
Pixi Book of Beauty - Glow Getters. Again, I'm including another product I just reviewed earlier this week. But since I love highlighters, this one has six amazing ones that I've been alternating between. Check out that review for a more in-depth look and swatches, but it's great for travel or to keep on your vanity.
Morphe 12S Soul of Summer Palette. Everyone raves about the Morphe palettes, especially the 35O, but I find that huge palettes can be overwhelming. One of my favorite Youtubers Tati recently reviewed this palette in a Morphe "Hot or Not" and it seemed right up my alley. There are some cool nude colors, but what makes this unique is the warmer red/copper shades. The pigmentation and feel are on par with more expensive shadows like Urban Decay--I was really impressed. It's a luxury feel at a budget price.

Books: Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl by Carrie BrownsteinPlacebo Junkies by J.C. CarlsonHalf In Love With Death by Emily RossOnly Ever Yours by Louise O'NeillCareer of Evil by Robert Galbraith

Music: Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac and Under Pressure by Queen

This marks the 199th post on my blog, which is absolutely insane. I need to come up with something exciting for the 200th post, so if you have any suggestions, comment below! And as always, let me know what you loved this month.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this palette looks great! (:
    Happy New Year dear!
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Luna oil but I can't justify the price! The Morphe palette looks gorgeous xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete