Friday, January 15, 2016

The Only Nail Polish I Ever Use

Okay, the title of this post might be a sliiiight exaggeration, but judging how my nails have been going the past year or so, I would say it's pretty true. I used to enjoy buying nail polish as much as makeup--I think I had around 30 at some point. And you may be wondering, doesn't nail polish last even longer than makeup? Wouldn't it make sense to want to collect just as many if not more? But since I discovered the CND Vinyllux Weekly Polish, they are the only polishes I need.



The salon I went to at home only charged an extra $5 for it, which is a bargain compared to gel. Don't get me wrong, gel is great at lasting on your nails, but it's so horrible for your nails when you remove it. Plus the manicures are pretty pricy. I love Vinyl Polish because it applies like a regular polish... you don't even need a basecoat! You just need the polish and the top coat. They only cost a couple dollars more than regular polish too... I have Dark Dahlia and Indigo Frock. If you or someone you know is a licensed cosmetologist, you can also find them cheaper at Cosmo Prof, which I was lucky enough to do (shoutout to my boyfriend's sister Samantha!).

There are a couple of cons though. I find that a good manicure with vinyl polish lasts at least 1-2 weeks, but I am okay with slight chips. I certainly notice a difference in longevity when I wear it compared to regular polish, but gel fanatics might be slightly disappointed. I'm horrible at painting my own nails, so the longer it lasts the better. Another con is there isn't a huge color selection... I'm okay with alternating between a dark vampy shade and grey, but others who are more adventurous might not be. Overall, I think the pros of increased longevity, affordability, and most importantly nail strength outweigh the cons.

Goodbye for now to all of my Essie and OPI shades... unless another brand launches something as good as this (and trust me I've tried my fair share of the gel ones you can do at home), I'll be sticking to these.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I have heard about this nail polishes before but it is great to know more about them :D -Maireem

    My Fair Autumn | Instagram

    ReplyDelete