Wednesday, July 22, 2015

New In: Catrice Beauty (Part 1)

Before I get into the post, as you can see, lots of exciting changes are being made to the blog. You'll now see that I have an actual domain (Makeupmusicbooks.com) and have dropped the blogspot part, as well as snazzy graphic changes. Bare with me as things may get a bit funky but the finished result will be worth it. Anyways, onto the fun stuff...

I'd actually never heard of the brand Catrice Beauty, until one of my favorite bloggers Nouveau Cheap announced the brand landed at Ulta. Maybe it's just psychological, but I tend find that the harder it is to get a product, the more I want/like it. Catrice Beauty used to be exclusive to Europe, and I found all my products on Ulta.com. They're super super affordable and have quite a wide range. This is just a first impressions haul/review, with a part two coming Friday (hopefully) since my other shipment is arriving today.

 

Catrice Ultimate Stay Lip Liner in Rosy Rose and Mauve Me Tender. So I have a love-hate relationship with these. I don't really like the rose shade -- it was drying and tugged as I applied it. It's also more pink than I typically like, but that's what I get for purchasing it without swatching. I like the mauve shade though but it's nothing super special.
Long Lasting Waterproof Eyeliner in Karate With Bronze Lee. I like this, but again, not crazy about it. It's not as pigmented as I would like, although I only wore it on the water line. It needs to be built up a little but does apply pretty well.
Illuminating Blush in I Am Nuts About You and Kiss Me Ken. At only $5.99 each, my only regret is not purchasing the coral color. I really like these and although I was afraid the Ken color would be too pigmented, it's a gorgeous raspberry that starts out sheer and can be built up. I prefer "Nuts About You" because I'm a sucker for nude blushes, but both shades are silky and provide a subtle luminosity and glow.
Color Correcting Mattifying Powder. Shades of pink, purple, beige, and green combine for an all-over sheer powder that color corrects, brightens complexions, evens redness, and more. I only wore it once and wasn't overly wowed, but it did a pretty good job of setting foundation and toning down redness.
Multi Color Compact Powder. Although the swatch is hard to see, this is a slightly-darker-than-my-skin powder that can be used as a subtle bronzer, blush, or even all over powder with a light hand. I'm not 100% sure of it's true purpose but it's a solid powder.
Fine and Prime Anti Redness Cover Stick. This is an item I (surprisingly) don't really have in my collection. I don't get red spots too often, but I figured it would be handy to have a color correcting stick in my collection to help conceal. It seems pretty creamy and decent.

L-R: Bronze Lee, Rose, Mauve, Nuts About You, Kiss Me Ken, Multi Color Powder, Color Correcting Powder, Anti Redness

Now, my only gripe about Catrice being available exclusively at Ulta is their horrendous shipping times. First of all, you have to spend $50 to get free shipping--which can take over a week to come. If you want it faster, you have to spend $10 for 2 day shipping, which doesn't include processing time, which means it can take 4-5 days to come. You would think with competitors like Sephora offering free 2 day shipping that they would step up their game! I love the range of products and especially since there is no store near me, I wish it was easier to get to you!

I'm done with my rant... have you tried anything from Catrice? Anything look appealing? Share your thoughts!


10 comments:

  1. Iv never heard of this brand before either! But I think I might try them out as the blush looks so pretty!
    It would mean a lot if you could check out my blog and maybe leave a comment.
    http://beckysbeautyblog12.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Catrice !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!! Thank you for sharing!! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!! Thank you for sharing!! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love catrice =)
    Kiss**

    http://friendshipandstyle.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with your blog, this post is so fun to read. thanks for sharing:) have a lovely day:) Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried this brand when I lived in Spain and really liked it! The blushes you picked look great :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. i heard of the brand, but never tried it! would love to, though!


    Much Love | Trillu.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post :)
    xx Katha
    showthestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing post! Love the swatches x

    http://sprinkleofaimeex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete