Friday, July 17, 2015

July 2015 Glossybox

As I mentioned in my last post, I haven't had the best experience with subscription boxes. I actually received my June Glossybox last week and then the July box today. You can still sign up and get the July one, which is why my review is (hopefully) still relevant. I have the month-to-month service, which means I can cancel my subscription any month. They promise luxury beauty samples that are either deluxe or full size, which at $20 a month it better be. I think my favorite part is the actual box, they're quite durable and pretty, plus great to help organize makeup.


Naked Lips Organic Lip Balm. Meh not super excited about this. I guess it's always nice to have a new lip balm but I tend to always have a bunch and this one is nothing special. It's natural with a peppermint feeling, but doesn't even provide an SPF.
Hey Honey I Peel Good. Now this is an item I'm excited about. I love honey based products and you're supposed to leave this cream peel on for 2-3 min. so it can improve skin's elasticity and texture. It's for all skin types and if you massage it on, the benefits improve.
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask. I haven't tried many Laneige products, although since they're sold at Target I'm always tempted. Yet again, this is another product I don't really need but seems nice to have--an overnight sleeping mask that plumps and hydrates skin.
Kueshi Anticellulite Booster. This product is full sized and retails for $22.60, which is already more than the cost of the box. That means basically everything else is a bonus (which is quite honestly how I feel about them). Sometimes I think these things can be gaffs, and I've yet to try it, but it's supposed to smooth and reduce swelling. Can't hurt to try and if anything it can psychologically improve body image, right?
Face Stockholm Eye Pencil. Everyone received these in different colors, and unfortunately (or fortunately) I received this in brown. It's definitely just an eyeliner shade, not a lip shade, which is sucky because the texture seems a lot more suited for lips. Swatching didn't provide high hopes.

So I'm kinda meh about this, but I think I'll give it another shot or two. Do you get Glossybox? Let me know about your experiences! 



4 comments:

  1. The Hey Honey I Peel Good product sounds really good! Most similar products take 10-15 minutes to work so having one that works in 2-3 saves so much time! x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of any of these brands but the honey peel sounds fab! I love honey in products, the Antipodes manuka honey mask is a favourite of mine :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. The overnight mask seems really good! Have you tried it yet? Is it any good?

    Photography & Ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a Glossybox subscription but some of the products you got sound great! The Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is very hydrating, my mom loves it!

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    Moved to: http://www.heybash.com/

    ReplyDelete