Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June Beauty Favorites

I've had so many favorites this month it was hard to choose! There are only more good things to come in the beauty universe (I'm looking at you Urban Decay Smoky Palette), so expect some good favorites in the next few months. I split up my non-beauty and beauty favorites this month, so let me know if you like that format or would prefer one long post.


Zoeva Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette. Oh my gosh. I'm an eyeshadow junkie but I LOVE the colors in this. So so smooth, so pigmented, a great variety of colors (I love the middle cranberry shade), what else can I say? It's also quite slim and great to bring for travel. My only complaint is that since it's coming from Germany, shipping is a whopping 16 bucks. I also forgot to put a picture of it, but along with the palette, I got the Luxe Fan Brush. It makes applying highlighter to the high points of your face oh so easy and I can't believe I've never owned a fan brush until now (they're harder to find than you would think).
Gerard Cosmetics Star Powders in Marilyn, Lucy, and Audrey. Order these now. You won't regret it. First, let's talk about the packaging. They have a cool plastic overlay that swings on top and protects the precious highlight inside. Lucy is a rose gold shade that isn't as intimidating as it looks in the pan. If you found the Becca Copper Highlight too much for you, check this one out. Marilyn is a more golden highlight, and Audrey is a bit lighter with a champagne base. The packaging is amazing, if a bit bulky, but I just wish shipping didn't take so long (it is free over $50).
Rodial Instaglam Contouring Powder. If you're new to contouring, look no further. This grey-toned powder mimics shadows and is virtually impossible to mess up. I personally love that the packaging has a giant "R" on top (for Rachel duh) and it's easy to add to your everyday makeup routine.
Maybelline Color Blur in Plum Please. A great drugstore matte lip? Ya found it here. These were highly anticipated, and although I only tried this color, I'm very impressed. It's a vampy plum color perfect for fall and it's so creamy that it doesn't dry out lips. What makes it different is the cool blurring tip on the end which you can use to smudge out the middle and create more of an ombre effect.
Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerize in Mona Lisa. I know what you're thinking -- 32 dollars for one creme eyeshadow? But as with all Charlotte Tilbury products, these are a cut above the rest. You can use this gorgeous taupe-brown-purple shade as a base for a smoky eye or on its own to add a little more depth to your eyes. It's far more moussey/whipped than something like the Maybelline Color Tattoos.
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Vanilla. Normally I shy away from medium to full cover foundations, because I find they can get cakey and I only need to cover up redness. This one claimed to be undetectable and providing great coverage, which it certainly does. You can't even tell I'm wearing it and my skin just looks so so good. It's quite affordable, especially with the luxe packaging. I also love the color range, and I just heard they're adding 2 lighter and 2 darker shades, so anyone can find a color match.
Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Nude Mauve. Unfortunately, you can't get these in the US, but I definitely would get all 6 if they were here. They're super affordable and reminiscent of the Hourglass Ambient Light Blushes. This one reminds me of Mood Exposure, my favorite of the bunch, and gives a soft natural glow.

What were your favorites for June? Any recommendations? Let me know!

5 comments:

  1. What is your fav foundation for oily skin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like it if i could see the products on you or on a model. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of Zoeva before but that palette is just beautiful! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the perfect Thursday evening read, thank you!
    Bio-Oil’s new body confidence campaign

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely products! The maybelline plum lip product is beautiful

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete