Wednesday, December 3, 2014

So You Want To Try A Face Mask...

I love face masks--they not only feel like a mini spa treatment at home, but usually do work wonders for skin. I have dry/combo skin, so my main concerns with masks are usually moisturizing or unclogging pores. Here are the five that I use off and on (most once every week or two), although there are so many good ones on the market.


1. Philosophy Total Matteness Mask (I can't seem to find the exact one I have anywhere online... they seem to have reformulated it into a cleanser/mask). Clay masks are great for extracting impurities out of your skin and unclogging pores. I leave this on for ten minutes and my skin feels so much better after. This works for all skin types.
2. Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Mask. You wouldn't expect something with the word charcoal in the name to smell so good, but the sugar makes it smell divine. Although it's an exfoliator mask, the texture is light and liquidy enough that you could use it as a cleanser. It's great for sloughing away dead skin and is gentle enough for sensitive skin.
3. Freeman Chocolate and Strawberry Clay Mask. Again, another amazing smelling mask for Freeman. These are easily the best drugstore masks out there and they are so cheap! This one is great for dry skin, as it's really moisturizing and toning. I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin, you might want to go for the Philosophy one.
4. Michael Todd Wild Berry Exfoliating Treatment. If you're looking for an intensive skin detox, this is your guy. It really scrubs away at your top layer of dead skin as you leave this on for about ten minutes. It also works to even out skin tone, but if you have extremely sensitive skin, I wouldn't try this as it is a more intensive treatment.
5. Liz Earle Brightening Treatment Mask. I just mentioned this in my November Favorites, and this is a great mask that you can use a couple of times a week if you want to rejuvenate skin in just two minutes.

What kind of face masks do you like to use? I've heard good things about the First Aid Beauty ones so I might have to check those out soon!

It's crazy that this is my last day of classes of the semester--after next Friday, I only have 3 semesters left of college then I have to enter the real world and that is a terrifying thought.

2 comments:

  1. I love clay and charcoal masks. I've been using to Sanctuary 5 minute thermal detox once recently, it's sooo nice when it heats up on your skin!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really want to try that Philosophy matte mask it sounds perfect for my skin!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete