Wednesday, December 17, 2014

New at the Drugstore Haul

There were so many new, exciting looking things at the drugstore that it was hard to narrow down my picks. Thanks to some posts on Nouveau Cheap, I had an eye out for the certain things I wanted. These are just first impression reviews, as I've only used the products once or twice. I got them all at my local CVS, but you may have to ask if they have things in the back, because I snagged the BB cream before the display was even out.


Milani Foil Eyeshadows. I'm really really impressed with the quality of these for drugstore shadows. They're a cream-to-powder formula, so make sure you use a primer before applying as they can crease. Something about the shadows reminds me of Charlotte Tilbury level glitter (Dolce Vita dupe anyone?), although the texture is different. Each swatch was done only once without a primer underneath, so you can build up pigmentation.

L-R: Milan, Rome, Florence

2. Rimmel 16 Hour Provocalips in Make Your Move. These launched in the UK a little while ago and I was super excited when they launched here. It's a duo, with one side of color and one side a clear gloss that locks in the formula. Although it fades to more of a stain throughout the day, it does last quite a while and didn't really seem to dry out my lips.

3. Rimmel BB Cream Radiance in Light. I've tried a few drugstore BB creams and I really, really like this one. It gives quite a bit of coverage and blends seamlessly into my skin. I always look for radiance in a base and this one delivers it's promise. It also claims to moisturize, minimize pores, and more, although the radiance is it's best claim.



4. Revlon Bold Lacquer Mascara. I think this has been out for at least a month, but it's new to me. I heard really good things about it so I figured I would pick it up for myself. I have decently long lashes, so I don't really need the extra growth benefits, but it would be cool if it worked. This is great for the price--it lengthens and adds volume without clumping.

What Have I Been Reading Lately? Psychological thrillers are my favorite type of books and movies, and I recently read You by Caroline Kepnes. It's told from the point of view of an obsessive stalker, and it's always interesting to get inside the mind of the "bad guys". I'm currently reading Grace's Guide: The Art of Pretending to be a Grownup by Grace Helbig. I know Grace is a Youtube star but I've never actually watched her videos. I love this book and it's so well written with my kind of humor.



1 comment:

  1. I've wanted to try the Provocalips for ages now! Looks like you've picked up some lovely bits

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete