Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Why You Need To Try A Face Spray

A post on a Wednesday? It must be summer again! With more free time, I'm not sure I can commit to five posts a week, but I'm hoping to at least do three. Maybe it's just me, but I always thought face sprays were kind of a gimmick. They just seem like glorified water and I can just get that with a shower. However, a few I'm going to talk about have changed my mind and converted me to a face mist/spray lover.

 

Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist. This one is ridiculously expensive, and to be honest, you don't really need it unless you have the money to spend. I got this as a birthday gift and I feel luxurious whenever I use it. Although technically more of a mist than a toner, I use it for toning purposes every night to hydrate and purify my skin.
Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist. Does it fix makeup? Does it set makeup? Can you use it as a primer before? I tend to use this either as a primer or makeup setting spray, although you can use it to hydrate during the day. It's quite affordable and smells like roses (huge win). However, be careful when spraying and makeup is already applied because it does have a heavier spray that can make eyes tear up.
Pixi Glow MistI've never tried the infamous Pixi Glow Tonic, mostly because it's not sprayable and you have to apply it with a cotton bud or something (I'm lazy I know). This contains many of the same ingredients to give you a dewy affect, so I use it either as a morning toner pre-makeup or a makeup primer.
Skindanavia Makeup Setting Spray. If I had to only use one makeup setting spray for the rest of my life, this would be it. I used to use Urban Decay All Nighter spray, but I found out it's made by Skindanavia and this is actually cheaper for the same ingredients. I spray my whole face when I'm done with my makeup, and everything (especially my eye makeup) is extended. This leaves a natural finish, although they make ones specifically for dealing with oil control or dewiness.
MAC Mineralize Charged Spray. I had been contemplating ordering the Smashbox Photofinish Water primer, but then I heard the ingredients are the same as MAC Fix Plus or the Mineralize Charged Spray. Since these are ten dollars cheaper, I picked it up. I love using it to hydrate my skin as a primer or a mid-day pick-me-up. I know most of these descriptions sound repetitive, but there's only so much you can say about a good face spray.

Are face sprays/mists a step you include in your beauty routine? Share your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment