Monday, June 8, 2015

British Beauty Haulin'

If you've been reading this blog for a while, then you'd know that many of my favorite youtubers/bloggers are British. They always rave about amazing Boots or Su[perdrug products, which unfortunately don't even ship to the US. However, my friend Mallory who was studying abroad in England was kind enough to pick me up a few items I had been seriously coveting. I just got them a few days ago, so this is more of a first impressions post, but I can already tell some of these will be making it into my June favorites.

 

Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask. I've heard so many good things about this mask and have heard it compared to the Origins Charcoal Mask, which I love. You leave it on for five minutes and the charcoal warms up, then slowly cools as it draws out impurities. I've only used it once so far but am seriously impressed with the results.
L'Oreal False Lash Mascara Superstar Black (I know Boots has this but I can't find it online). Two-step mascaras always seem gimmicky to me, but the primer on this actually works really well. It's a step I always do anyways, so it makes it easier to have it in the mascara. The second step adds length and volume, and L'Oreal mascaras have just been on a roll for me lately.
L'Oreal Superstar Superliner Black. I love my L'Oreal Infalliable liquid liner (fortunately that's available in the states) but this one has a slightly spongier, bigger tip which makes it easier to apply. Winged eyeliner is suddenly super easy, although I wish the staying power was just a liiitle bit longer.
Mac Factor Creme Puff Blush in Seductive Pink, Nude Mauve, and Gorgeous Berries. If there's one item I've been waiting for, it's these. They launched a few months ago and everyone in the UK went crazy for them. They've been compared to the Hourglass Ambient Light blushes, which I adore. I can definitely say these are on pare with pigmentation, staying power, and adding a hint of glow. My only regret is not asking for the other three colors.
Rimmel Good to Glow Highlighter in Notting Hill Glow. You can actually get these in the US from Asos or Feel Unique, which is what I did for the bronzier color about a month back. Then ViviannaDoesMakeup compared this to the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl and I was sold. I have to say it's a pretty good dupe, and the color is one of those that can be used alone, mixed with foundation, or on top.

*I bought the next two items from Feel Unique, a British beauty website, and they arrived on the same day so I've included them.
Nourish Golden Glow Illuminating Face Serum. Surprise, surprise--another glowy face product. This one is definitely more subtle, so I like to use it as a primer under foundation (although you could still mix it in). It's relatively inexpensive compared to other products that do the same, and it contains good-for-you skincare vitamins like C and E.
Zoella Bath Fizzer. Ever since I got my own bathroom (and bathtub), I've been really into bath bombs. Unfortunately, there are no Lushes near me, so I make a point to get a few whenever I'm home or in Montreal. As much as I love them, they are pretty pricy for one use. I love the Zoella makeup bags, and this bar comes with cubes that can be broken off for multiple uses. At just a few dollars more than a Lush one, I figured I have nothing to lose.

L-R: Nourish serum, L'Oreal eyeliner, Rimmel highlighter, Max Factor Seductive Pink, Nude Mauve, Gorgeous Berries

I love British beauty products, so let me know some of your favorites!

3 comments:

  1. wow looks amazing !!! thanks for sharing :)


    Loved your blog post :D you have such a pretty blog :D


    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyLookBook


    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sanctuary detox mask! It's my favourite!! The Max Factor blushes look amazing! I must give them a try :-)

    clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete