Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Glossier Launches Coconut Balm Dotcom and Product Reviews

I love the idea behind Glossier... a small brand curated with only a few products that work extremely well. It's mostly skincare, with one base color product. I've only tried a few of their products, but they've recently launched a coconut scented version of their balm dotcom skin salve. By having friends sign up to learn more about it (with no purchase necessary), you become eligible to get Glossier products for free--no strings attached. I've already had ten friends sign up, so I've won the coconut balm dotcom and soothing face mist, but I really want to win the summer edition phase 1 set to try more of their products. If I have 19 more friends sign up, let's just say there may or may not be a giveaway.... ;)

*Photo originally from Into the Gloss

Please sign up here with my unique code... I promise it only takes a second. If you comment below saying you did I'll give you a special shout-out. Now on to the product reviews from the existing Glossier range!


Moisturizing Moon Mask. I'm a sucker for an overnight moisturizing mask. I honestly don't even use them as masks per se--I just slather some on overnight and let it soak in (if you're on the oilier side, I would probably only use it as a mask). It works just as well as Glamglow Thirsty Mud or a similar type of mask, for less than half the price. You get a solid amount of product for its price point, which seems to be true for every item in the range. It's very creamy and hydrating and I use it almost every other night. This is my favorite of the two "masks".
Mega Greens Galaxy Pack. Normally I go for a clay mask when I want something detoxifying and this one is super gentle. It's a very thin textured clay mask (although the green color can be deceiving) and also includes good-for-your-skin ingredients like leafy greens and antioxidants. This one can also be used for all skin types, but is especially good for oily-skinned girls. The longer you leave it on, the better (although definitely don't leave it on overnight). It's gentle enough to be used multiple times a week and leaves skin feeling refreshed and purified.
Perfecting Skin Tint in Light. Don't be fooled by its liquidy consistency--this baby provides a decent amount of coverage. It is quite thin and runny, but applies almost like Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. The lighter coverage has imperfections shine through, which I quite like, but if you're looking for something more fuller-coverage, this can be used as a tinted priming step to your other foundation. Although there are only three shades, the sheer formula adapts to almost any skin tone and makes application a dream. This is my favorite product of the line and I highly recommend it.

Have you tried anything from the Glossier range? Keep your eyes peeled for the Coconut Balm Dotcom launching next week and make sure you click on my link to help me win!

4 comments:

  1. please use my link
    http://smellslikevacation.glossier.com/e49df395

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your header! :)

    littlecoffeebreak.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please use my link! Thanks :)
    http://smellslikevacation.glossier.com/c76d9dc8

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally signed up for you :) Hope you get the full set! I'm just waiting until they ship to Canada because I can't stand not trying it all!! The brand looks amazing :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete