Friday, June 5, 2015

Clarins Aquatic Treasures Collection

I remember seeing sneak peeks of this collection around March, with a launch date of May. I patiently waited through the month as the UK and Canada got it, but I still haven't seen it anywhere in the US (the bronzer was available on the Clarins website for about a day before it sold out). I spent last weekend in Montreal and I knew this collection was one of the beauty items I definitley had to purchase. These two items have been on my wish list for quite some time and it was nice to be able to finally get my hands on them. I found them at a department store called The Bay (similar to Nordstrom or Macy's) and I am unsure if they ship to the US.



Summer Bronzing Compact. This is the star of the collection, and rightfully so. Every year a new limited-edition bronzer is released with a different pattern, and you can still find older ones online. I've never tried a bronzer from Clarins, although their blushes and other items don't disappoint, so I knew I would luck out with this. Each shade can be used individually, but I prefer swirling them together to get a natural bronzy glow. The shades run warm, so this is definitely better to use for warming up the face rather than a contour, but you could certainly get away with it. The packaging is beautiful and sturdy, so this can come along on trips with you.

Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion in 04 Apricot. I've been seeing tons of liquid bronzing bases lately, with ones from Stila, Maybelline, and more hitting the market. The Instant Light line from Clarins is my favorite (I'm looking at you, lip glosses and concealer), and I already own this product in the champagne shade. The yellow tone of that is a great primer for concealing redness, and I picked up this shade for it's peachy golden base to warm up my face before foundation. It appears scary coming out of the tube, but sheers out to give you just a hint of a glow. There's also a darker shade if you really do want a deep glow or if you're more tan. The product is so blendable and creamy that I prefer it far more than my other bronze glowy bases.

Instant Light Base, Bronzer

In addition to the items I picked up, there are also some new ombre eyeshadows which I've heard are comparable to the Chanel ones. If you live somewhere where this collection is accessible, I highly recommend getting the bronzer. I'm not sure if the bases are limited edition or not, but they're a great summer staple.

Did you try anything from the Clarins Aquatic Treasures collection?


8 comments:

  1. the bronzer looks beautiful! the instant light base sounds like an interesting concept too, i'll have to look into it x

    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I'll have to get and try this out! x

    http://donnanne.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried that bronzer but I really want to give it a go! xx
    www.alicelouisealk.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bronzer sounds really lovely, both the package and the color! Definitely will keep my eye on that one, thank you!

    Oly | TLV Birdie Blog
    http://tlvbirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bronzer sounds really nice! I feel like I need to buy it now xo
    SHEWOREWHAT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just got myself a new bronzer but I'm loving the look and sound of that bronzer! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sound of the summer bronzing compact <3 something I need for the summer x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete