Monday, January 5, 2015

Winter Body and Skin Saviors

Happy first post of 2015! I go back to Vermont next week and as excited as I am to reunite with friends, I do not look forward to the freezing cold temperatures. My skin tends to get super dry and dehydrated, so here are some of the products I will be turning to to make sure my body and face are as soft as possible.

1. Glam Glow Thirsty Mud Hydrating Treatment.  I mentioned this in my December Favorites but it's already one of my favorite dry skin treatments. I leave it on every other night and wake up with the softest skin. I think I'll also start using this as a removable mask at mornings, since I love smelling it as much as possible (that pina colada coconut smell works wonders for me).
2. St. Tropez Gradual Tan for Body. Tanning beds and spray tans are not for me--I'm not super duper pale but in the winter I definitley lose some color. In addition to being another wonderful coconut smelling moisturizing product, this gives you a gradual hint of color that won't make you look orange. It can be built up over multiple day applications, but make sure you apply it really well because it can get streaky.
3. La Roche Posay Rosaliac Serum. I've recently started exploring brands like La Roche Posay and Vichy that are easily available at Target and CVS, and I'm really impressed. Redness is always the biggest concern of mine, but it can be especially prevelant in the winter since my face gets all chapped. I apply this serum before moisturizing and seem to be getting pretty good results so far.
4. Garnier Makeup Remover Lotion. Makeup wipes are great to remove excess makeup, but using a good cleansing lotion really takes everything off. You apply this dry, work it into your skin, and it lathers up to remove makeup. It's formulated for sensitive skin, so any skin type can use it.
5. Rituals Hammam Body Mud. Body scrubs are important all year round, but this one has super soft exfoliating mud (notice how much I love the mud craze?). It's almost like a body mask, since you leave it on for a few minutes, let the clay and eucalyptus soak in, and reap the benefits.

I'm in Disney this week for a class, so this may be the only post of the week. If I get lots of good pictures there might be a recap blog post. What products do you love for the winter?

4 comments:

  1. I love Glam Glow and the La roche Posay Serum, I want to try the Rituals hammam body mud ;)

    http://www.metpm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only good stuff to say about La Roche Posay brand, I've been using their facial sprays for years! I should take my hands on that serum as well!:)

    Oly | TLV Birdie Blog
    http://tlvbirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am desperate to try the Rituals Body Mud!! Skin Saviours is definitely what we need at the moment in this freezing winter! great post.

    www.luciaflorence.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glamglow masks are just amazing, they're so worth the price tag!

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete