Friday, January 23, 2015

A Few New Hair Care Items

As much as I love trying/buying/playing with makeup, hair care is one thing I usually don't stray from. It took a long time to figure out what products work with my crazy curly hair, so I don't like to change things up too much. A few months ago, I dyed my hair from dark brown to black (not that much of a noticeable difference), but I've been taking extra care to make sure my hair is nourished and soft. Plus, it helps the color stay longer. These are the few I've picked up and been trying in the past month or month and a half-ish.


1. Alterna Caviar CC Cream for Hair. I thought CC Creams used to be only for faces (and some of you may not even know what a CC Cream is), but now they make them for hair! I sometimes use this in place of a curl cream when I want to really make my hair soft and healthy, but it can also be used lightly on dry hair. I love this line in general because it doesn't weigh my hair down and as long as you stay away from the roots, it won't make you look greasy either.
2. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1. It's funny that the majority of hair products are marketed at "styling" i.e. people who religiously curl or straighten their hair, but I just use them to achieve my natural curls. Again, I could use this instead of a curl cream but this is one I prefer for dry hair. It also makes second day hair look amazing, when you just wet and scrunch your curls with it, hair feels protected and healthy.
3. Dove Oxygen Moisture Leave-in Foam. My main advice about hair care is don't always believe the marketing claims. Most hair products that claim to only do one thing can work on a variety of hair types. This line is marketed at thin, fine hair but I've used a few products from the (very affordable!) range and they give me that extra boost I sometimes need when my hair falls flat.
4. Alterna Caviar Rapid Repair Spray. I always finish my wet hair care routine with a spray to lock everything in, and this one is great because it doesn't try to a crunchy finish. It doubles as a heat protectant spray when I actually do feel like styling my hair, or can be used as a dry hair pick-me-up.

Curly/wavy haired girls--what products do you love to use?

2 comments:

  1. I have a straight hair but my sister who has a really curly hair use products of Pantene. She also uses oil such as coconut and argan to make her hair shiny and soft.

    http://awholelotofserendipity.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete