Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Smashbox Double Exposure Palette

I didn't hear great things about the first palette, but this looked so tempting I had to try it. I got the Smashbox Double Exposure Palette from Ulta and am excited to play with it. I was disappointed because the top right shade, Veiled, came kind of broken but I didn't want to return the whole thing. The shades are big enough that I didn't think it was a huge deal.


You get a variety of 14 shades, which is great for the value. The brush seems to be decent quality, and it also came with a mini Full Exposure mascara (not shown).

  •                   TOP ROW (Left to Right): Silver, Mauve, Peony, Blanc, Quartz, Flushed, Veiled
  •             BOTTOM ROW (Left to Right): Midnight, Temper, Haze, Noir, Copper, Fig, Espresso
Each shadow seems very buttery and applies evenly (all swatches were done without primer). Most people had a problem with the super glittery shades and fallout in the first palette, so this one avoids that. I think my favorite part about the palette is the array of colors--you have some warm, some cool, and a good mix of neutral and pop colors. It seems very similar to the Lorac Pro Palette, so I wonder if I'll like it as much. Shadows can be used wet or dry, although I've never been one to use wet shadows but I guess if I wanted a really intense look I could.

This palette is great to pick up if you want some neutrals and other shades in one palette. Although there are less shadows than the Lorac Pro Palette, each individual shade is bigger and contains more product. The package is definitely bulkier which makes it a con, but overall I have good vibes so far!


3 comments:

  1. Loved the palette as well, my only complaint was that the shades were a little too cool-toned for me. Other than that, it's gorgeous for the holidays!

    xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so pigmented. I'm pretty impressed with how luxurious they look. Silver & Mauve are pretty.
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about buying one. Thanks for your tips :) xx

    ReplyDelete