Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Beat the Dry Skin Blues

Winter is coming (let's count how many times I've said that in a blog post). And my normal/combination skin suddenly becomes super dry. These are a few of my favorite products to help keep skin moisturized and supple.

1. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. I've mentioned this a couple of times before, but it's my ultimate dry skin savior. Although it's a "mask", it's more of just an intensive moisturizer that helps my skin feel supple then I wake up. I use it at least four times a week and you can also use it on dry areas on your body like elbows and knees.
2. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream. This moisturizer is one of their best selling items for a reason. I use this as a morning moisturizer that has more of a lotion texture but moisturizes as well as a cream. I love all products from the Vitamin E range because they just make skin so soft.
3. Vitamin E Moisture Serum. If moisturizer isn't enough, this serum is for you. You put it on immediately after cleansing and the liquidy texture contains lots of good-for-your-skin ingredients like honey and wheat germ oil.
4. Murad Hydrating Toner. Although I use toners morning and night, they can also be great in the middle of the day if your skin is feeling dry and needs a pick-me-up. This is light enough that it's easily absorbed and won't mess up your makeup. Supposedly it helps skin retain water and bind water to the skin, but I'm not sure how easily that can be done.
5. Boscia Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel. Another great moisturizer, but I love this one because the black gel is supposed to work to minimize the look of pores. The packaging is hygienic and innovative since you don't have to constantly dip your fingers into it. 

Do you have anything you swear by to help stop flaky skin? Let me know!

*This post was also featured in the online magazine I'm a part of, Her Campus UVM.

1 comment:

  1. I have the Origins mask and I love it! It has been my skincare savior lately during these cold days and nights!

    XO, Erica

    www.mymistersmrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete