Friday, November 7, 2014

Best Budget Eyeshadow Buys

I love a good eyeshadow quad/palette more than anything but certain ones can be very expensive. Here are a few ones from the drugstores (all less than $10!) that perform really well. This post was originally written as a guest spot on EllaStreet.com, another awesome beauty blog.


1. Rimmel Glam Eyes HD Eyeshadow. I know these have been available in the UK and Canada for a while, but I've seen them slowly making their way into US drugstores. First of all, I love how you get five different shades so you can create a variety of looks. The sets usually include mostly shimmer shades, but there's very little fallout. They can be used wet or dry, although I'm not a big fan of doing wet shadows. They claim to last up to 8 hours and I've found it to be pretty consistent with minimal wear throughout the day.
2. Wet n Wild Color Icon Shadow Trio. If you're looking for a super affordable option that doesn't disappoint, look no further. I know sometimes people think the cheaper an item is, the cheaper it will perform but these babies prove that theory wrong. Each shade is super pigmented, creamy, and lasts for a long time. The packaging is a bit flimsy but at literally $3 it's hard to complain. I also have a couple of the bigger, 5 shade shadows and those are more hit-and-miss.
3. Almay Intense I-Color. Although these are supposed to correspond to specific eye colors, I find that the shades are so gorgeous they can work with any eye color. Again, these are more shimmery but they blend together so well to create a nice look. I love the packaging because it lays out exactly where you should put each shade and the plastic is a bit stiffer.

If you're looking to keep these super affordable, you can certainly use the plastic sponge applicators they come with. I personally don't like these and throw them out--instead I love using my MAC 217 Brush

It took me a lot longer to get to than I wanted, but yesterday I devoured Jodi Picoult's latest novel, Leaving Time. As per usual, it did not disappoint and all the characters were extremely fleshed out and relatable. There's a twist at the end which I did not see coming and made me love the book even more. I highly recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment